Thread: Dizziness, marijuana withdrawal?

Dizziness, marijuana withdrawal?

Hi guys. So about 2 weeks ago I stopped smoking weed after smoking multiple times every day for more than a year (probably closer to two). Since then I've had profound dizziness and the sensation that I'm "swaying" (I can literally feel myself swaying slightly back and forth as I type this). Could this be a withdrawal symptom of the cannabis? The only other symptoms that I've felt are irritability and depression, and not the lack of appetite, trouble sleeping, sweating etc. that others experience which is why I'm not sure if I should attribute this to the cannabis.

Has anybody had a similar experience? I'm prolly gonna start freaking out soon if it doesn't go away lol

Re: Dizziness, marijuana withdrawal?

I don't know about the swaying, but I do know it's probably a good thing for your mental health to not be addicted to anything. So the fact that you're 2 weeks in to stopping smoking weed, that is worthy of a big congratulations on your self control.

BIG CONGRATULATIONS!! Keep going. You are being good to you.

It may be that you feel sensitive to things in a different way now? I know when I stopped drinking caffeine, my energy levels were affected and it took weeks to re-stablise. And whenever I drink caffeine again, my energy levels get much more affected, I'm a lot more sensitive to it now. And it takes ages to re-stableise again, back to square one.

When I'm dizzy, I drink water and make sure I eat enough, and rest. Dizziness can happen from all sorts of things, most of them totally harmless. I think the bigger deal is that you're not smoking any more, and if this is a side effect, BRING IT ON, you can handle this, it's showing you that you've made the change and your body is adjusting.

Quote Originally Posted by lior View Post
    I don't know about the swaying, but I do know it's probably a good thing for your mental health to not be addicted to anything. So the fact that you're 2 weeks in to stopping smoking weed, that is worthy of a big congratulations on your self control.

BIG CONGRATULATIONS!! Keep going. You are being good to you.

It may be that you feel sensitive to things in a different way now? I know when I stopped drinking caffeine, my energy levels were affected and it took weeks to re-stablise. And whenever I drink caffeine again, my energy levels get much more affected, I'm a lot more sensitive to it now. And it takes ages to re-stableise again, back to square one.

When I'm dizzy, I drink water and make sure I eat enough, and rest. Dizziness can happen from all sorts of things, most of them totally harmless. I think the bigger deal is that you're not smoking any more, and if this is a side effect, BRING IT ON, you can handle this, it's showing you that you've made the change and your body is adjusting.
    Hey, thank you so much! I appreciate the kind words. Right now my focus is on trying to figure out what's causing these symptoms, hoping that I don't actually have vertigo or something of the like and was just treating it with the marijuana this whole time. I'm gonna make a doctor's appointment today. It's frustrating because I'm still a student in high school (19) and am trying to focus on work, all the while worrying about what's going on with my body among other things. I appreciate your encouragement though and I hope you have a good day!!

Did you go to the dr?

I find that anxieties about anything get worse when there's stress going on in certain parts of life. Is there a way you can relax more? Say no to something so that you can take time out? Or schedule things you've been putting off to get them done, so that they're not hanging over you any more?

Since you're 19, if you can learn to deal with stress and anxiety now, it's going to get easier when you get older

---------- Post added at 23:55 ---------- Previous post was at 23:53 ----------

Also - I think you deserve to remember how self-loving it is to not be smoking weed right now. Well done you.

Hi dude, I'm very happy for you, keep it up! I quit blazing a year ago and also looked for ways to avoid the effects of withdrawal. The mood changes a lot and you constantly experience sharp mood changes. No matter how funny it was, the same cannabis helped me, but in a different form. I began to use CBD products like CBD oils or CBD vape juice. CBD is a useful thing as it turned out. So if you take it in its pure form, then your mood will stabilize. In short, CBD has absorbed the most positive qualities of cannabis.

Indoors, if temps are too low, you can always add more grow lights and turn a negative into a positive. Outdoor growers might consider an early harvest, or if possible, moving plants indoors at night. Cannabis is a hardy plant species, but outside of the optimal 20–28°C temperature range, leaves will curl or claw durban poison seeds

Thread Information