Thread: Decreasing sertraline dose

Decreasing sertraline dose

Hi,

I’ve had my sertraline dose being lowered from 100mg to 50mg due to side effects. Anyone else had a dose reduction? How did it go? Any tips on dealing with any issues that may arise?

Re: Decreasing sertraline dose

Feel as if not ready to reduce dose yet, mood has been low since dose reduction. It must’ve been working, back to 100 mg now.

Hey user 12,

I've never had a dose reduction, although I've kinda tinkered with my own dose, especially last year when I thought that my dose was too high. I was also in therapy and the therapist was encouraging me to figure out who I am not on sertraline. Well, that was a big mistake; within a few days of dropping my dose only by 25 mg I started to feel physically sick and depressed, so I went back up to my normal 100mg.

I actually started seeing a psychiatrist a few months ago and she felt I needed to be bumped up to 150 mg. It's been an adventure, let me tell you, lol. Ups, downs, sideways, haha ! I am starting to feel better, but I have decided to force my insurance company to pay for brand name zoloft. I believe the generic sertraline, manufactured by lupin is causing most of my side effects. When I first started zoloft years ago I didn't have these awful side effects, so my advice to you is maybe switch to the brand name and see if your insurance company will cover it if your doctor gives a preauthorization. The side effects might not be as bad or limiting for you.

Thanks for the post MadWomanintheAttik. I feel this is not the right time to cut down on sertraline for me. I get given different brands each time I collect my prescription, I didn't notice any difference while taking different brands. Maybe it differs between people.

Thread Information