Thread: Different Benzo’s...

Different Benzo’s...

For anxiety management what would you consider the best benzo for anxiety!? I have got most types available to me - lorazepam,alpralozam, Valium and clonazepam.. I have a work presentation on Wednesday causing me quite severe anxiety.... I have propranolol 160mg to take aswell so I have a lot in my ‘army’...

Re: Different Benzo’s...

Hi Benjammin, I don't take benzo's on a regular basis, i've taken Lorazepam and Diazepam, i much prefer Diazepam.

Well Benjammin,

Firstly, thats quite a selection you have there, are they all prescribed? I am presuming if you've tried them all, that you probably have a personal preference and know what works best for you ?

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Well Benjammin,

Firstly, thats quite a selection you have there, are they all prescribed? I am presuming if you've tried them all, that you probably have a personal preference and know what works best for you ?

Hi I have not tried lorazepam yet to be honest, and alprazolam doesn’t do much for me. They are all prescribed obviously not at same time, I had clonazepam presribed when I started Wellbutrin, and didn’t use it. Then was prescribed Xanax for a flight I was on, diaZepam was prescribed ultimately to control my anxiety alongside mirtazapine and quetiapine... and more recently lorazepam was prescribed to replace the 10mg diazepam as something that might work better.... my psych knows and I don’t use benzo’s daily my last time was Monday last week....

That’s why the question as I need to settle with one of them and don’t know what one to just settle and updose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, lorazepam sends me to sleep, I use it now and again at night time...and I only use 0.25 mg as it seems to work so well for me. My concern would be if you are taking something for the first time, for an important presentation, then you don't know if it will make you tired, work well for you with regard to your anxiety or do nowt? Are you planning a 'test run'. lol

Yeah I was gonna trial the lorazepam today but I didn’t have any anxiety at all so didn’t need it LOL that’s why I end up with so many benzo’s because I only take them when I’m negative ruminating or in the grips of depresssion. So to be fair I should trial Lorazepam tomorrow I do have high tolerances so I take either 10mg diazepam, 1mg clonazepam or 1mg Xanax and go to work etc so I do have tolerance

for a presentation i would try xanax. I think it's pretty potent. You could try it before hand to see how you feel. You don't want to be asleep. Clonazapam keeps me sort of calm, but doesn't really have an anti anxiety effect, it just sort of calms my physical symptoms if that makes sense. Kind of a strange drug.

---------- Post added at 13:10 ---------- Previous post was at 13:08 ----------

BTW- i have a high tolerance too, but i do think different generics work better than others.

Hi I done very well on 2mg lorazepam in the end. Xanax does not work on me at all, clonazepam is ok and diazepam is my normal go to!

WOw, 2mg......that would send me to sleep for 24 hours lol

I take 2MG of klonopin daily. 1 in the am and 1 in pm. It doesn't do much for me anymore unfortunately :( Sometimes it works and others times my anxiety is just too high and it doesn't work well. We are all different in tolerance i suppose.

Thread Information