Thread: Please help. I知 just so scared.

Please help. I知 just so scared.

Hi everyone. I just really need someone to make me feel better, because I can稚 take it anymore!

I have a fear of planes. (I posted about it in the agoraphobia thread.) You know when you have one fear, it manifests and causes you to fear other things?

I知 going to make the story brief: I was on a red eye flight once and my blood sugar dropped. Because of this instance, any time I need to get on a plane, you would think I was being put to death. I知 terrified it will happen again.

I am absolutely petrified because I need to get on a plane tomorrow morning by myself, make a connection and take another flight. To make things a little easier on me, I spent the extra money to have more leg room so I don稚 feel so claustrophobic, but I am so
    scared that I知 going to pass out.

It痴 really, really hard for me to eat and I知 scared if I don稚 eat enough, that same situation will happen again. Even if you haven稚 experienced this before, can you drop some type of recommendation or encouragement for me? I致e been so anxious that I致e had chills since I woke up this morning.

Please help.
    Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Please help. I知 just so scared.

Hi!

I totally get where you're coming from. Flying is so scary. I have spent hours in CBT talking about my fear of flying! I've had some dramatic events on planes. Which include freaking out so badly and crying for hard that one of the cabin crew had to come hold my hand.

In CBT my therapist told me sometimes the best way to deal with thing's like this is to learn about them? So she suggested I watch some you tube videos about flying. I would strongly say you should look up someone like like flywithcaptianjoe!

For physical health, try putting both of your legs firmly on the ground. Resting your hands on both of your knee's, pushing down on top them whenever you take a deep out. It's suppose to help you feel more "grounded."

I never feel like I can eat before a flight also! But it's important that you do. Even if it's hours before hand. Something dry is always helpful! If you can't do that. Drink lots of water!

Good luck, I'm sure everything will be fine!

This actually helped so much. And I am
    definitely going to watch that YouTuber!!

Thank you so much. It痴 a really good feeling when you realize you aren稚 the only one that feels this way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love more radical methods. Like skydiving. I think you'll relax after that.

Thread Information