Thread: Positive Sertraline stories please?

Positive Sertraline stories please?

I’ve been suffering from HA for the last 2 months. It goes back a long time since my stillbirth 12 years ago but I think it’s only just reared it’s ugly head!

My GP prescribed me sertraline but I’ve been too afraid to take it. I was convinced I had Cervical Cancer have had my smear test and that was fine so I thought the anxiety would subside but it hasn’t and now I think I have bowel cancer and god knows what else.

So I’m thinking I need to start the sertraline as I don’t think I can do this on my own. Im just terrified of the side effects I read!

My mother in law is also on it and she’s felt so much better but it took a long time for it kick in.

Re: Positive Sertraline stories please?

Hey there

I've been on sertraline for about 13 years, maybe going on 14. I decided to take it because I was suffering with panic attacks that made me feel like I was dying, literally. They just kept coming and coming, my sleep was disturbed, I stopped going to classes at the time and really felt like I was going crazy. I was deathly afraid of even going to a doctor about it, scared that they would diagnose me as crazy and send me to a loony bin.

They started me off on a small dose, 25mg, then up to 50mg, then 75 mg, then I stayed at 100mg for pretty much 12 years

The first few weeks were scary for me. Yes, I was afraid to take it but after a few weeks of taking it I could actually fall asleep without being afraid of dying in my sleep. I started to be me again, a little more tired, a little less social, but living with the anxiety and panic attacks were much worse than these little things.

I also started zoloft when a generic brand wasn't available. I would ask for the brand name and call your insurance company to see what they need in order to cover the name brand. It's more expensive but my pharmacy changed my medication to generic without telling me some years ago and I've had side effects since. Good news is, all my insurance company wants is a pre authorization from my doctor, so yay.

Thread Information