Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast

Thread: 4 weeks of swollen tonsils + Flu-like symptoms too.

Re: 4 weeks of swollen tonsils + Flu-like symptoms too.

Quote Originally Posted by ThroatGoat View Post
    Me too! Seems the waiting game could be playing tricks on me again thinking about it, I can't stand the waiting!

Haha! Yeah might need to do that. I'm really hoping this is the final clear-out.
    Yeah it's not fun is it! Yeah one last push ahh relief Oh I forgot have you joined the told ya so gang yet. we need more warriors to fight MH conditions ATB

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    Yeah it's not fun is it! Yeah one last push ahh relief Oh I forgot have you joined the told ya so gang yet. we need more warriors to fight MH conditions ATB
    Nope, hate it! It's funny that you can get diagnosed with anxiety, but then be made to wait weeks/months for the referrals you need.

I'm trying, I'm more of a junior at the moment I think I try to help where I can! Not sure I'm of too much use yet when I still don't feel back to 100%, but getting there! I have to keep reminding myself that 2 months ago I was a LOT worse than I am now, so I must be getting better.

TL;DR:

Can fat loss/"veinyness" be anxiety symptom? And or caused by the virus?

There's one thing still really bugging me that I can't seem to find an answer for.

The IBS symptoms I've been dealing with lately could just be my anxiety (mostly fine today FYI). A whole bunch of those other symptoms posted a page or so ago could also just be anxiety. Now I'm not saying I've not had a virus, because clearly I must have done to have so many physical symptoms, but there's one symptom I've not been able to find an explanation for:

Becoming increasingly veiny

I made a post before asking if fat loss could be related to anxiety, in which we came to the conclusion that I probably wasn't eating enough. But I've tried to up my food intake and get my weight up and it seems that I simply can't do it!

Is it this virus eating fat off my body or something? Or is my heightened anxiety state causing me to burn far more calories than usual and causing me to burn fat?

It's mostly only noticeable on my arms and legs too, my belly fat still seems to be there sadly.

If I had become this veiny after working out hard for a couple of months or whatever it wouldn't bother me the slightest, but because it's happening while I've been feeling like crud for weeks, it's worrying me.

Managed a whole week away there didn't I? Pretty pleased about that!

Seems I'n generally feeling better, but still feel super sensitive to cold, and I've no idea why.

The weather here is baking hot, but put me in somewhere air conditioned and around 20-23*C or so and I will feel like it's the middle of winter.

Post viral symptom perhaps? I've not been too anxious AFAIK, so I don't think that is what's causing it.
    Last edited by ThroatGoat; 05-07-18 at 19:03.

Welcome back!

Can’t think why you’re sensitive to the cold. But glad everything else is going well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    Welcome back!

Can’t think why you’re sensitive to the cold. But glad everything else is going well.

Thanks Scass!

Me neither. I'm not usually a fan of cold, but I usually acclimatize to it and soldier on. But seems I get easily cold/chilled now. Weird!

It's probably nothing to worry about, just a nagging symptom. The veiny thing is still bothering me a bit too. But no idea what that is either.

How's your medication dilemma coming along? I remember seeing your thread, but I was on mobile and didn't get to respond I don't think.

Hope you're well anyways!

Maybe it’s because of the temperature extremes? It’s so hot out and then so cold in air-con?

I’m good thanks. It’s ok, I started taking the medicine the day after I posted, and it’s been fine. We’re funny old creatures aren’t we!

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    Maybe it’s because of the temperature extremes? It’s so hot out and then so cold in air-con?

I’m good thanks. It’s ok, I started taking the medicine the day after I posted, and it’s been fine. We’re funny old creatures aren’t we!

Maybe! It could just be normal, but me focusing on it. It just seems that I'm much sensitive to cold and/or drafts since this thing. I'll keep an eye on it and see what happens I guess!

Awesome! Glad to hear that. And yes, very strange creatures indeed.

It has been a while, and I still don't feel right.

Also coughed up a bunch of brown crud again, and my phlegm still smells horrid. (TMI).

Don't seem to have any energy either, although that could be the humid weather.

Seeing doctor again soon, so will see what happens.

Hey TG! Was glad to see you weren't posting as much lately, sorry to hear you're still not feeling right

It's such a weird set of symptoms with this virus, and it will just hang in there..Try to rest and tell your doctor everything. I had a couple of times where I'd get out of breath parallel parking in a difficult spot..I had multivitamins, maybe those might help too!

I'm not feeling 100% either, the funny temperature feeling is mostly gone, so is the sweating and all that but my nodes hurt a little every now and then? I They say stress can cause that, maybe it's a combination of things. I've also pulled something in my chest and it hurts deep inside so I fear the worst as usual. Can't help myself!

For the brown crud, maybe ask for a chest xray? Just to make sure that base is covered, I think they can tell from that if you have an infection in your chest as well. I know i'm definitely getting one soon anyway... I don't think it's anything sinisted you need to worry about though! Seems like we're getting better, VERY SLOWLY but still something

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast

Thread Information