Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Endometrial thickness 14 mm

Endometrial thickness 14 mm

Evening all,

So I had my pelvic ultrasound yesterday, I did end up paying private, because I couldn't wait, radiographer didn't seem overly concerned said uterus looked Normal endometrial thickness slightly thickened, couple of fibroids, didn't seem concerned at all asked her about the thickened endometrium she said I can live with heavy periods are go to docs and do something about it, anyway phoned doc later that afternoon she explained I had adenomyosis she said it is benign, couple of fibroids benign, then she informed me that she had fast tracked me to a gynocologist as she said I fitted the criteria for it, so I panicked and said do you think I have cancer and she said not at all, they just need to rule stuff out because my endometrium is slightly thickened should be eleven mm but is 14 mm, so as you can imagine I'm so freaked out right now convinced it's endometrial cancer, has any of you lovely ladies had this and what was the outcome, dr said its procedure, but why fast track me, I know I have anxiety but I can't imagine that's why, please any good advice, also my mum went through bleeding issues at my age but never went to the docs with it, she fine she's 63 and healthy, by the way I'm 45 have had hot flushes, brain fog, disturbed sleep, lack of pms symptoms, spotting, thinning hair, anxiety, my mum had gone through menopause by 50 started perimenopause in her early 40s, but my hormone levels were lower than normal so doc said I can't be perimenopause, anyway sorry for going on.

Herbie xx

Re: Endometrial thickness 14 mm

I'm dealing with the same Endometrial thickness that was discovered during an ultrasound that was ordered due to heavy periods with lots of clotting. I got my period two days after the ultrasound, so she is ordering another one after my period to compare the thickness. It could have a polyp or something else. Doctor said not cancer, but how does she really know that??? Anyway, just curious as to how you are doing and how your situation turned out?

Hi there, mine turned out to be a small fibroid, nothing to worry about, I work with a woman who also has a thickened endometrial lining and the dr told her it was just her age, she is 45, don’t worry about this it very common, especially in peeimenopause, I don’t know how old you are, but like I say it’s a common thing xxx

Its to do with the fact that progesterone is the first hormone to be 'hit' by perimenopause. Progesterone stops the uterine lining growing too thick, so when it is reduced (by cycles which have lack of ovulation). It is only later in perimenopause that oestrogen starts reducing, and even then it roller-coasters in fits and starts. So, some months/many months the oestrogen might be much much higher than progesterone, hence the slight thickening.

I’m 39 so could be in perimenipause. Just so scared and trying to keep it together for my little boy. I’m sure they will do a biopsy if the thickness doesn’t resolce after my period. Why must life be so scary?

I had this too, gynae booked me straight in for d&c with biopsy and put in Mirena to apparently help prevent it. The dr was never suspicious of anything else, she said it’s normal and common. I’m 39 and it was a year ago.

Hi aussie11 . I’m worrried about being out under. Did they sedate you for the procedure and was in done in the gyne office or hospital. I feel so uneasy. My doctor also wants to put the Mirena in to help wife the heavy bleeding . Did the d&c hurt??

The doctor said I need to have a hysteroscopy. Could be a fibroid in the lining. Obviously I’m worried about endometrial cancer, but there’s nothing I can do at this point. I will need to schedule my appointment for after my period since they don’t have anything this week or next.

Sorry I only just saw your question on here. Not sure if you’ve had your procedure by now, if not, I had my procedure with general anaesthetic and the whole thing only took 20 mins, and that included a cystoscopy as well at same time. I felt nauseas after from the anaesthetic but wasn’t in any pain.

Thank you Aussie. I booked for my hysteroscopy on Jan 4. I will be put under, and i've never had that before. I'm so worried about not waking up! I have my period now and it's sooo heavy and bad. I am having an IUD fitted after the polyp/fibroid is removed. glad to know the procedure is fast!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information