Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting It In The Neck..

Getting It In The Neck..

I feel bad for doing this but just wanted to say that I'm going through a horrible health scare at the moment. 3 lumps in my thyroid have been discovered as an incidental finding from an MRI scan on my spine.
    Everything has happened very quickly and I'm off shortly to have 3 biopsies done in hospital-results in 2 weeks.
    As a carer I just need to have a diagnosis. This will be a huge challenge for my HA but I'm determined to take one step at a time.
    Amazing how attentive the GP has been...which worries me
    Anyway, if anyone can have a laugh with me along the way I'd appreciate it! This is one way of getting a break from doing the chores, I suppose!

Re: Getting It In The Neck..

You should not feel bad, you never ask for assistance here and give so much to others!

You KNOW I will......I'm up for seeing the humour in most things......and I'll push you along/hold you hand (virtually) and see you to the end of whatever this is. Whatever this is will be fine, no matter WHAT it is. I said to you once, not long ago, Pulisa - you never know how strong/brave you can be until you have no choice. X

I've never had a biopsy on a delicate part, like my neck, but warning you it can feel painful and bruise. Make the most of it and get your wonderful family to give you soft cake, icecream and nice things - not that this will make a difference - but make the most of it and say that it helps LOL
    Last edited by Carys; 25-04-18 at 09:03.

Pulisa, it takes bravery to even post about personal stuff on here. Sometimes you just need to know there are people there for you. Whether it is a second opinion, advice, a friendly chat or a bit of humour to get you through the day. You have many people on here that will do just that!
    Take one step at a time and as Carys has already said, make sure you get those treats!
    As a fellow carer, in times like this it is more than difficult, but you will be surprised how well you will cope. x

Been there done that, already deal with health issues and I'm in a similar situation trying to take care of my wife. Anything I can do, feel free to ask...

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thank you so much-you are both so kind xx

I'm back from the biopsies and it probably wasn't the best way to spend a morning but needs must etc..Had them done by a Consultant Radiologist who said he was more nervous than I was!! Not great when he's hovering around my carotid artery!!
    It took about an hour. Everyone was very kind and I was patched up and despatched home. I've got the results on May 9th so will try and just get on with it now.

Thank you, Carys and Carnation xx

---------- Post added at 13:22 ---------- Previous post was at 13:17 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Been there done that, already deal with health issues and I'm in a similar situation trying to take care of my wife. Anything I can do, feel free to ask...

Positive thoughts
    I wouldn't begin to compare my situation to yours, FMP. I haven't been diagnosed with the unmentionable yet but I know it is being looked for obviously.
    This situation may be a positive thing for everyone in my family-it's the only way to look at things. And it isn't the c word until they say it is of course. Thanks, FMP.

Why was the consultant radiologist so nervous? That's SO not what you want to hear

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Why was the consultant radiologist so nervous? That's SO not what you want to hear
    It was where these things were positioned..one false move or tremor and bingo....blood fountain fiesta!

He got offered a cup of tea afterwards..I got water!!

OMG.....holy moley.....blood fountain fiesta Gosh, well done you, that sounds scary. However, I guess you were in the right place to get some more blood if needed....LOL

Pulisa, it can't have been easy for you, but you've done it now and thankfully there was no blood fountain.
    Try to get as much rest as you can, which I know is easier said than done. You should be proud of getting through that. x

Yes I suppose I was although I wasn't thinking about that at the time! I was just trying not to swallow and the more I thought of this the more I wanted to swallow..You know how it goes...

The mention of the proximity to the carotid artery got me sweating too!!

---------- Post added at 14:20 ---------- Previous post was at 14:14 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    Pulisa, it can't have been easy for you, but you've done it now and thankfully there was no blood fountain.
    Try to get as much rest as you can, which I know is easier said than done. You should be proud of getting through that. x
    Yes it's all done now and I'm going to have a well-earned rest. My OH is away on a golfing holiday so one less meal to cookI've reassured my daughter as best I can so we are sorted for an hour or two!

Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information