Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting It In The Neck..

Re: Getting It In The Neck..

How is your daughter coping with it all Pulisa?
    I wondered whether you might have covered up the situation as much as you possibly could.
    You take as much time to yourself as you can get or is offered to you. x

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    It doesn't always , Jojo but I'll take any improvement right now and make the most of the better days. I have enjoyed having some solitude and being able to please myself- I don't think that's a bad thing.
    It is very very far from being a bad thing. Perhaps you should schedule some “regular” solitude?

My daughter is quite troubled by it all, Carnation. It's been very unsettling for her and I regret this but hopefully things will settle down and she will feel safer. I don't think she feels at all safe at the moment and is just waiting for the next "thing" to challenge her routine.

I do cherish my periods of solitude, Jojo. It can get very busy at home and I do like the house to myself. I'll admit that I'm a bit knackered!

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    My daughter is quite troubled by it all, Carnation. It's been very unsettling for her and I regret this but hopefully things will settle down and she will feel safer. I don't think she feels at all safe at the moment and is just waiting for the next "thing" to challenge her routine.

I do cherish my periods of solitude, Jojo. It can get very busy at home and I do like the house to myself. I'll admit that I'm a bit knackered!
    You’ve been through the wringer Pulisa- knackered is allowed!!

Pulisa, your daughters trip to Emmerdale will have helped to soften the situation and hopefully as each day passes, it will become more settled. For the both of you!
    They'll be some aftermath of emotions, that's understandable under the circumstances and if you get a regular slot in your busy schedule for time for yourself, I'm sure it will be beneficial to you. x

Oh my goodness, Pulisa! I happened to log on today for the first time in quite a while and saw this. I cannot imagine what all of this has been like for you and I am SO happy everything has been benign. You are a warrior for sure. I also would say to cut yourself some slack with the impact on your anxiety and mental health. This would make anybody an anxious mess, not just somebody with HA. With time the dust will settle and you will get back to yourself. But please be patient with yourself! This has been a roller coaster.

You are also going to ROCK that scar on your neck for sure.

Thanks for your kind words,swgrl09 and how lovely to hear from you! Your little girl must be nearly 18 months now so I expect she's pretty mobile and she must keep you very busy!

I'm ok and have got off very lightly. I still feel as if I'm being strangled and my neck is very tight but this should resolve after 8 weeks or so. It's minor compared to the prospect of more surgery and radioactive iodine treatment in solitary confinement if things had gone the other way.

I'm pretty much back to normal physically and as for mentally, well that was never terribly good anyway!

I'm glad that you are getting there, although feeling like you're being strangled sounds horrible! But I definitely know what you are saying and am so relieved you have avoided all the rest.

She is almost 17 months, so you are pretty close in your estimate! She is SUPER mobile and I am on the run all the time. She loves climbing things (help!), talking constantly, and snuggling. I'm pretty much smitten though. It's been wonderful, albeit busy!

Hang in there, though! Sounds like you could use some serious relaxation/"me" time.

I have always found it very difficult to relax but I'm trying to take more breaks in the day when I can.

I'm so glad that you are enjoying motherhood..It sounds as though your daughter is into everything! I hope your life is less affected by anxiety now and that those difficult days are a thing of the past xx

Am now 3 weeks post-op and the feeling of wire cutting into my neck incision and increasing neck tightness is driving me nuts. Apparently this is the normal healing process though so I must be patient for however long it takes. It's a small price to pay for getting the things out.

I have a lot on a home as my son has just lost his job (he waited 8 years for an opportunity) and is devastated and very low. Ongoing issues with my daughter and my OH is having bereavement counselling and is very distracted. Thank God I don't have to have more surgery..it would have been awful at this time.

Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread Information