Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting It In The Neck..

Re: Getting It In The Neck..

Sorry for the late post, I was just off down the doctors and I've just got back in (shopping) so didn't get to this before you went.

My thoughts...

1. Attentive GP = knows arse will get kicked if not pulling his weight
    2. Worried radiologist = either been watching too much Holby City or...I do have this image of you telling him to "just bloody get on with it!" In the kind of stern voice only awarded at entering motherhood.

I hope it wasn't too draining, it sounds like quite a procedure. I'm guessing it was a local too and I think I would rather have had the knockout juice!

Sitting waiting is often the worst of it and once you're in the chair at least you can focus your mind on something physical to get through.

You know all the statements about it not being x until they say, they would have a good idea of what may be found hence If not mentioned x then it's unlikely, etc but it's never as easy when your on the end of the situation so you are entitled to feel whatever you are feeling. And now you have the wait and us reeling out the "no news if good news" stuff on you that we all know you know as well as anyone. So, I'm not going to say it...wait, I just did

But you've also got our support for whatever ever you need. And I'm guessing your daily schedule may help you out with too much thinking time. But we know you can't show your worry too your daughter so let it out on here if you need too.

I hope to be hearing nothing but good news soon

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

I hope you don't start singing Gimme Gimme Gimme [a large dose of local] when you go for "procedure"

But that aside, you are indeed a brave and stoical Agent. Very glad you've posted though because you give so much to others here and deserve all the support and best wishes we can offer.

I believe you will be A-OK and back to your usual routine in good time.

I will also be lurking to keep a keen eye on your hospital antics

Never Surrender, Comrade

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I wouldn't begin to compare my situation to yours, FMP. I haven't been diagnosed with the unmentionable yet but I know it is being looked for obviously.
    This situation may be a positive thing for everyone in my family-it's the only way to look at things. And it isn't the c word until they say it is of course. Thanks, FMP.
    Not saying to compare it at all. And thank you for re-iterating the mantra That's what I'd say anyway. You know the drill though. Stay the hell away from Dr. Google and just go about your day the best you can. Again, feel free to ask or PM.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Pulisa I love you blood fountain fiesta indeed.

Not fair that he got tea and you only got water, wonder if he needed a biscuit too, did you scare him?

I will keep everything crossed for you.

The worry for yourself is bad enough, but having your responsibilities is an additional worry.

You have given so much to so many on this site so feel free to vent on here.

Take care of yourself.

Elen

Thanks so much, Elen, Terry and KK.

I'm glad today is over. It's hard keeping a lid on things but I have to at home.

If I have to have a hospital visit I'm bloody well making the most of my time "off". It'll certainly be a question of Gimme Gimme Gimme all the midazolam you can muster but I certainly won't be entertaining any Men After Midnight!

Thinking positive thoughts for you Pulisa. You are so kind & thoughtful to strangers on here, so from one stranger to another - all the best x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bloody lumps they're like London buses nothing for ages then three come along at once .
    I know nothing I say is going to put your mind at rest I know you will keep over busy as usual until you get your results , I don't know that much about thyroid problems but my mum has problems with hers and thought it was curtains but meds have sorted it out so who knows? . If you do get tempted to google just google celebrity's ages to see how bad they look for their age instead
    I'm still waiting for the results of my brain scan the doctor seemed confident they would find one but I did hear the consultant say it was like trying to find a walnut in the Grand Canyon.
    I know you're a tough old bird ( I know less of the old ) so you will get through this like you have with all the other problems life has thrown at you .
    Take care , photo included for good luck .
    Attached Images Attached Images

Oh Buster !Your writing style is simply awesome, you honestly should write a comedy blog.

I'm still waiting for the results of my brain scan the doctor seemed confident they would find one

Thank you so much Scass and Buster!

Love the pic, Buster!

And you DO have a way with words! Have you considered a stand-up tour in the Buster Bus?

Believe it or not but I got a ticket today for driving in a bus lane , haven't even got the bus yet , it's not the start I was hoping for do you think crowd funding might pay it for me ?
    And another problem I've made for myself , at Christmas I treated myself to some wide work braces to keep my trousers up while I'm working and walking the dogs , I figured I could save around an hour a day on not hoisting my strides up every five seconds, what I've gained in hoisting time has been offset by having to pull my trousers out of butt just as often , it's like I'm giving my self a wedgie , I've noticed the more loose change I have the less of a problem I have with butt eating trousers but money is tight so we return to crowd funding has anyone got any spare change guv ?
    What was the question?

Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information