Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting It In The Neck..

Re: Getting It In The Neck..

I think your daughter's way of thinking could apply to a lot of us on birthdays.
    Yorkshire sounds good, she'll feel like an Emmerdale.

I quite agree with your daughter’s feelings about birthdays. There is no reason at all why they can’t be largely ignored. Yorkshire sounds lovely. Where abouts are you going?

There's nowt like a trip to Emmerdale itself! Our 2nd pilgrimage there!

Got an unexpected phone call today asking me to come for thyroid nodule biopsies next Wednesday. I haven't even seen the Consultant yet nor have I had the blood tests done but this was based on the consultant radiographer's report to the endocrinologist.

The funeral is on the following day so I hope the bruising isn't too obvious but tbh it won't matter because nobody will notice or care anyway which is only right.

I won't pretend I'm not scared because I am but must take things a step at a time.

You have so many things going on at the moment that it must be hard to find time for head space. I imagine that they are just getting everything they need for the consultant. As you know, it’s not worth over thinking these things, and even though that won’t help all of the time, I hope it helps some of the time. Xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pulisa, you'll probably see the consultant at the same time. I know it's come a bit sudden, but best these things are dealt with quickly. At least they are taking it seriously.
    Of course you are scared, who wouldn't be? Just put one foot in front of the other, let out the big gulps you've stored up inside you, take something with you to fiddle with in your hand, even if it's a handful of tissues or something you don't have to let go of, stay positive and count the minutes until you are back home. xx

Annoyingly it takes 10 days for the biopsy results so I'll have to rearrange the appt with the Consultant.

Thanks to both of you. Onwards and upwards! xx

Oh Pulisa, it doesn’t rain it pours. The timing of all this is totally rubbish and I wish more than anything that you had only your Emmerdale trip to look forward to. You don’t need advice from us, but please keep us updated as we really do care xxx

Sorry to hear this, pulisa

Ten days for a biopsy makes we think it may be something they want to check out sooner or later but not that it's so urgent to fast track results back? So maybe there is a good sign in this mixed message? They surely wouldn't wait 10 days for anything serious? So perhaps whilst they picked something up it could something that would be better treated earlier as opposed to you waiting months and that doesn't have to mean something serious, if you see what I mean?

A few tough days coming with the funeral too. Get your feet up when you can, so much stress can be very draining.

Thanks, Terry.
    It seems there is a chance that the results will be back for my appt on June 3rd so I'm not rearranging it just yet. I don't think thyroid stuff is too urgent anyway. Am having the thyroid bloods done today at an extended access health centre. It would be so good if a dodgy thyroid was responsible for everything!

Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread Information