Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 LastLast

Thread: Getting It In The Neck..

Re: Getting It In The Neck..

If only they would tell you what it's about on the phone. It makes me angry they don't do that and they wonder why people get anxiety.
    The appointment is with the GP and not with the hospital so it seems it might just be a routine follow up.
    I know you are not that keen on your local practice so you'll want to get it over with.
    He/she will probably read you the hospital notes and the fact they were sent to your GP and not direct to you seems positive. xx

Hope your appointment was ok today x

It was a complete and utter waste of time! The GP wanted to tell me that they had done the wrong blood test last week but I had told them this when I got the results. I have no faith in my GP surgery at all and need to find a new practice where I don't need to diagnose myself before I go x

For God's sake! Or words to that affect.
    I bet you've been going out of your mind with worry.
    If they phone you again, just ask them what they flippin want. In the meantime, search for another practice, this one sounds the pits! xx

Yes it definitely seems like it’s time to find a new GP! Glad all ok though.

You would think a bit more consideration would be warranted due to what you have been seeing the consultant for alone. I thought the NHS was cash strapped so surely a quick call from a GP to say this, or even relaying via the receptionist, would be better for them

Dreadful waste of an appointment but maybe it's Silly Season and they need to fill up their days with needless "chats"?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    It was a complete and utter waste of time! The GP wanted to tell me that they had done the wrong blood test last week but I had told them this when I got the results. I have no faith in my GP surgery at all and need to find a new practice where I don't need to diagnose myself before I go x
    That’s such a bummer. What happened to your regular nice “no nonsense” dr?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Dreadful waste of an appointment but maybe it's Silly Season and they need to fill up their days with needless "chats"?
    Ah, yes, the old council gritting in Summer so they get their Winter grit allowance approach

Quote Originally Posted by jojo2316 View Post
    That’s such a bummer. What happened to your regular nice “no nonsense” dr?
    She left to pursue "other career options"! She wasn't particularly warm but was no nonsense which really helped me get a grip and put things in perspective. I much prefer this approach to the "what would you like me to do?" offering. The other 2 decent doctors retired early and now we're left with a motley crew of doctors who can barely communicate effectively in English and appear to be apathetic. I could never discuss my mental health issues with them-I can imagine them yawning and writing out a script for 2 months supply of meds without asking any questions..This happened to my son last week and he hardly ever goes to the GP.

Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 LastLast

Thread Information