Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3341424344 LastLast

Thread: Getting It In The Neck..

Re: Getting It In The Neck..

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Ah, yes, the old council gritting in Summer so they get their Winter grit allowance approach
    I'm sure that's true, Terry. I'm not sure all GPs are that "hard pressed"...

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    She left to pursue "other career options"! She wasn't particularly warm but was no nonsense which really helped me get a grip and put things in perspective. I much prefer this approach to the "what would you like me to do?" offering. The other 2 decent doctors retired early and now we're left with a motley crew of doctors who can barely communicate effectively in English and appear to be apathetic. I could never discuss my mental health issues with them-I can imagine them yawning and writing out a script for 2 months supply of meds without asking any questions..This happened to my son last week and he hardly ever goes to the GP.
    Certainly time for a new GP practice then- do you have options? Hope so - its so important to have a dr who understands and can manage mental health issues appropriately

My daughter once saw an out of hours GP who was on Prozac himself but apart from that I have yet to talk to a GP who understands mental health issues. It's just the "here's 2 months worth of current AD being pushed and see you in 2 months" job. It's a bore for them due to the current obsession with MH which I don't believe has helped those with real need at all.

Getting my thyroid bloods tested today and hoping that my "half a thyroid" will produce enough thyroid juice to keep me off thyroid meds for life! No big deal though. I see the endocrinologist for the results on Monday. Thank God it's not being GP managed.

Crossing fingers for you!

Thanks, BI! It'll only be meds and no more surgery but I'm hoping to be able to draw a line under the whole thyroid palaver and just carry on as normal...Well, "my" normal which doesn't mean a lot!

Good luck! X

Would be good if we could cut out the middle man (GP), it's such a waste of time. Hope all goes well for you Pulisa and you can get back to normality. x

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Getting my thyroid bloods tested today and hoping that my "half a thyroid" will produce enough thyroid juice to keep me off thyroid meds for life! No big deal though. I see the endocrinologist for the results on Monday. Thank God it's not being GP managed.
    Also hoping all goes well and your half a thyroid starts taking its responsibility to compensate for errant other half seriously! Good luck and may the Force be with you, Agt P

Never Surrender, Comrade

Thanks everyone. Bloods all done and hopefully the lab will do the correct tests this time...

The surgeon who did my op has been seriously ill in hospital for the last 2 weeks. I'm really shocked-he looked very fit and healthy when I last saw him 5 weeks ago. Makes me realise how fortunate I am to have good physical health.

Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3341424344 LastLast

Thread Information