Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34424344

Thread: Getting It In The Neck..

Re: Getting It In The Neck..

Had my results and my half a thyroid is struggling so I took my first levothyroxine tablet this morning. Am so lucky that it's just a question of lifelong meds. I'll need more blood tests done in 6 weeks but it's reassuring to know that I will be regularly monitored from now on.

Hope the meds help x

Pulisa, I think your half a thyroid needs time to recuperate. It's only been a short while since the OP and you've had to carry on with your caring duties while recovering.
    If it's possible, you need a break for yourself every day to rest. You probably feel more tired than usual and the thyroid plays a big part in that.
    Your body can take up to 2 years to fully recover from an OP, that's not to say you won't feel better before that and you will know yourself how you are healing and progressing. It doesn't mean that your remainder thyroid is or not doing its job properly. It's traumatised and needs time. You might feel groggy from time to time as it adjusts and you need those times as a restful period.
    You have a very stressful situation at home and maybe it's time to make a schedule for you. After all, you deserve it.
    There will be the mental trauma you went through too, that takes time to get over.
    You keep saying you are incredibly lucky, so the worst thoughts ever must have been haunting pre the OP.
    You have support on here Pulisa and people you can have lighter chat with, so never feel alone.
    I admire your bravery and strength, but sometimes you just have to let go a bit. xx

Oh I'm not that brave, Carnation but I appreciate what you are saying and thank you for your concern and support xx

I don't think I have any choice in taking the thyroid meds though and I have to trust the endocrinologist. If my next lot of bloods shows a swing towards overactivity then it may be that I can stop the levothyroxine. I really don't want to lose weight and be even more wired!!

Pulisa I am so glad that things are looking more positive for you.

Agree with the others, you really do need to try and put aside some time just for you.

I hope that they manage to get your meds regulated quickly and that you start to feel the benefit of them.

I also agree that despite you denying it you have shown real strength and bravery to get through this scare.

Elen

Thank you, Elen. It was just a scare though and for that I'm very grateful. I may appear to be strong but I have my demons which I don't always keep at bay

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34424344

Thread Information