Thread: Hand pain and cramping on Pregablin

Hand pain and cramping on Pregablin

I 've been on 150 mg for around 5 weeks now I also take Quetapine ,I have been diagnosed Bipolar last summer .

Few weeks ago I 've started getting pain in palms of my hands ,they keep cramping up and burning/tingling pain in my fingers . It comes and goes and I thought at first it's from weightlifting but it happens when I'm not working out either.

I never had pain like this before. Had anyone else had this as side effect and does it go away?

Pain and burning/tingling is on the list of side effect and I have no idea what else could cause this .

I don't really want to stop it if there's a chance it helps my anxiety a bit but this pain is so annoying.

Re: Hand pain and cramping on Pregablin

It's a new one to me - pregabalin is usually taken to quieten nerve pain. It may still be a result of working with weights, even when you are not working out. You may have irritated the tendons in some way - if the pain persists, you should consult your doctor or perhaps a sports physiotherapist.

Thanks for reply . It is strange as I 've been lifting for last 6 months or so regularly and I 've never experienced this before until 2 weeks ago.

It lists all my symptoms on very common side effects list: pain in hands,burning/tingling ,pins and needles so I am very confused....I had it prescribed for anxiety and I 've read it gets prescribed for nerve pain yet I have this pain ....

I will mention it to my doctor I was wondering if anyone on here experienced it,thanks again

I checked the list of side effects, and pain and tingling in the hands is definitely there and a possibility. Can you stop taking it for a few days, to see if that has any effect on the pain? If it is a side effect, it may also disappear with time. I'm still going with the weights as an alternative possibility - as well as the tendons in the hand, nerves in the arm can be pressed on at any point up to the neck and pain will still be felt in the hand. Good luck.
    Last edited by hanshan; 26-04-18 at 10:41.

Thank you . I have phone app with my dr today so I will mention it ,Im.not sure about stopping it I'm worried I'll feel worse anxiety wise.

I have deadlifted 150lbs the other day for the first time as I'm doing progressive programme so yes its definitely a possibility and Im unsure if I should take a break or carry on.

Trying to pinpoint cause of every pain when on stupid amount of meds and managing a condition is definitely a challenge.

Thanks again .

Thread Information