Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Took my first sertraline this morning..feel terrible

Took my first sertraline this morning..feel terrible

I took my first 50mg this morning around 10am. I’ve felt sick, had bad dioreah and felt a bit spaced out/weird and more anxious. Is this normal it’s only the first day. I already feel like I don’t want to take another one tomorrow. I was anxious about taking them in the first place so not sure if that was why!

Re: Took my first sertraline this morning..feel terrible

I didn’t have the diarrhoea, but I had everything else you mentioned! The first week on sertraline is pretty rough! I felt like I had a hangover everyday! But bare with it, it’s worth it! Just get through this first week and things will start to improve!

Thanks for the reply! I didn’t know symptoms could come on so quick! I’m feeling a bit better now then anxiousness has gone. I think I was so worried about how I would feel on them it made me worse. Just feel a bit headachey now and like you said “hungover”

Hi there,

I took my first 50mg tablet this morning too and thankfully don't have any side effects aside from that slight ''hangover'' feeling.

Wondering what quality of sleep I'm going to get tonight however...

Yes I’m hoping I manage a good sleep. Don’t feel too sick now, just a bit wonky! Good luck x

It has never affected my sleep, I always sleep well... but I take my tablet on a morning. It may affect sleep if I was to take it before bed maybe.
    I’ve been on sertraline since January and it is definitely a slow burner with regards to recovery. I started to feel the benefits after 2-3 weeks, but gradually continue to feel a little more improvement every few weeks. My doc says most people stay on them for six months to feel the full benefit from them before even thinking about weaning off them

Hi there

What you are feeling is completely normal. My dosage was increased 2 months ago and the first week was exactly as you've described. I was in and out of panic attacks, anxiety, and sadness that whole week. The second week I felt this manic high, like i felt everything was going to be okay lol. Third week was kinda blah... these medicines take a while to work correctly

I feel like I’ve been hit by a bus this morning! I already feel like I don’t want to take another tablet. Please reassure me this goes soon!

Well I took my 2nd tablet this morning and I don’t feel as bad as I did yesterday! Bit of nausea and lightheaded but much better! Maybe I was just so worried about taking it, it made me bad?

Quote Originally Posted by HKD1986 View Post
    Well I took my 2nd tablet this morning and I don’t feel as bad as I did yesterday! Bit of nausea and lightheaded but much better! Maybe I was just so worried about taking it, it made me bad?

It will go away soon! Stay strong. Staring meds is like turbulence on the flight to an exotic destination. They don’t last long and hopefully you get to the peaceful place once they start working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information