Thread: Thyroid tests

Thyroid tests

Hey guys,

just got my thryoid tests today...
    not sure how to interpret these.

I will be following up with my doc in few days but in general this is what I got:

TSH: 3.54 (ref: 0.27 - 4.2)
    Free T4: 15.27 (ref 9.3 - 17)
    Free T3: 3.23 (ref: 2 - 4.40)
    Tg Antibodies: 10 (ref: 0 - 115)
    TPO: 5 (ref 0 - 34)

anyone familiar with thyroid tests?

Re: Thyroid tests

No one here is qualified to interpret test results. Best to ask your doctor.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I have Hashimotos which is basically an autoimmune condition. For me this means I have an under active thyroid. My antibodies marker returns well over the mean (yours appears fine) and my TSH is low without meds. It took a year or so to get my Thyroxine med nailed down but now my TSH returns bang on in the middle. I’m no expert but all those numbers look good to me.
    I was brought here to pay homage
    To the beat surrender

All in normal range from what I can see.

Everything is in range. FT3 is good. Your TSH is a little high. Optimal is <2 but so long as you don't have symptoms, it's fine. My TSH has been as high as 7.3. Last test it was 3.83. But I don't have symptoms, so have never been treated, although others might at that level. I'd go more by how you feel than numbers

The trouble is, I do have symptoms. Some of which are overlapping with hypo and hyper thyroid symptoms.

e.g. I do feel cold in a room where everyone feels fine. But then, I feel fine outside in the cold when people are freezing.

I think it might be my HA. Every time I get into HA episode it feels like the world is ending and I will not make it. Just to be fine few months later. During the peaks, I generally think I have at least 3 diseases killing me at the same time. sigh...

Thanks for you replies. I will follow up with my doc and see what she thinks as well.

Quote Originally Posted by knuckle View Post
    The trouble is, I do have symptoms. Some of which are overlapping with hypo and hyper thyroid symptoms.

e.g. I do feel cold in a room where everyone feels fine. But then, I feel fine outside in the cold when people are freezing.

I think it might be my HA. Every time I get into HA episode it feels like the world is ending and I will not make it. Just to be fine few months later. During the peaks, I generally think I have at least 3 diseases killing me at the same time. sigh...

Thanks for you replies. I will follow up with my doc and see what she thinks as well.
    Thyroid issues are a bit of an enigma really...everybody is different. You may have a sub clinical thyroid issue which basically means whilst your figures are within range but towards the end of range for TSH coupled with mild symptoms then your GP may want to give you a low dose of levothyroxine to lower the figure a jot. It’s really no big deal...thyroid issues are incredibly common.
    I was brought here to pay homage
    To the beat surrender

Thread Information