Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Very afraid my worst fear has come true

Unhappy Very afraid my worst fear has come true

Hi everyone...haven't posted in quite a while. I had hoped never to have to post about this again. I am very scared right now. I think I may have pancreatic cancer. For about 7 weeks I've had upper abdominal pain. Burning, gnawing, sometimes feels like I've been punched. At first it seemed to be worse when my stomach was empty, now the pain comes on a short time after eating and remains for a few hours. I've seen my dr and he has requested blood work. I won't get the results until May 8th, unless of course something is found to be wrong then I'll get called in earlier.
    So far I haven't lost any weight and have a decent appetite. A new symptom started 2 days ago, itching. It comes and goes and is not restricted to one place. Having had this fear a couple of years ago, I know itchiness is a symptom of PC. I have no jaundice, but know that itching is also a sign of jaundice.
    I'm currently attending group therapy for HA, however so far it hasn't been effective.
    I'm hoping someone can help me break out of this fear and give me a bit of hope that my fears are just that, fears.
    Thx for reading and for any support and advice you can offer.

Re: Very afraid my worst fear has come true

You've had this fear for a long time. Respectfully, I'll have the "Told ya so gang" on standby.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I agree I have been afraid of PC before...4 years ago...but this is a recent development....i do understand where you are coming from tho and appreciate you replying Fishmanpa...your insights and advice are usually spot on....all I can say is I hope you are right...I'll even enjoy hearing "I told you so", unfortunately being so far in the spiral I don't think that will happen

Quote Originally Posted by angrry View Post
    I agree I have been afraid of PC before...4 years ago...but this is a recent development....i do understand where you are coming from tho and appreciate you replying Fishmanpa...your insights and advice are usually spot on....all I can say is I hope you are right...I'll even enjoy hearing "I told you so", unfortunately being so far in the spiral I don't think that will happen
    Yet, you're on an anxiety forum posting about your long time fear

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

ok...I'll stop now....thx

ok...I'll stop now....thx
    As a survivor of a very rare Head and Neck cancer, IMO, your fears are still fears. Let us know about the blood test results.

Positive thoughts

I can say I have felt like you describe off and on for...well...ten or fifteen years. I never even considered cancer, honestly. I always attributed it to an "anxious gut." I am still here, and my guts are still a mess. Itching is part and parcel of anxiety, and having known two people who had PC, neither of them had anything remotely close to the symptoms you describe, for what that is worth.

It sounds more like an ulcer than anything else to me. I do understand your worry because this has been a worry for me over the past year too & every time the gnawing pain comes back I think it again. However it’s unlikely. The most common way pancreatic cancer presents is actually with painless jaundice. Pain is often mentioned as a feature online but irl it’s not all that common. Itch can be caused by fatigue & anxiety - I know I get really itchy when things are bad mh wise - I think it’s just all my over excited nerve endings playing up. Get your blood tests done & go from there but really if you’ve had this worry for a long time it’s unlikely to be sinister.

Hi everyone...haven't posted in quite a while. I had hoped never to have to post about this again. I am very scared right now. I think I may have pancreatic cancer. For about 7 weeks I've had upper abdominal pain. Burning, gnawing, sometimes feels like I've been punched. At first it seemed to be worse when my stomach was empty, now the pain comes on a short time after eating and remains for a few hours. I've seen my dr and he has requested blood work. I won't get the results until May 8th, unless of course something is found to be wrong then I'll get called in earlier.
    So far I haven't lost any weight and have a decent appetite. A new symptom started 2 days ago, itching. It comes and goes and is not restricted to one place. Having had this fear a couple of years ago, I know itchiness is a symptom of PC. I have no jaundice, but know that itching is also a sign of jaundice.
    I'm currently attending group therapy for HA, however so far it hasn't been effective.
    I'm hoping someone can help me break out of this fear and give me a bit of hope that my fears are just that, fears.
    Thx for reading and for any support and advice you can offer.

No no no. I see you have had this fear for 6 years. I have the same fear but for about one and a half. I hoped such fear would not linger too long.

Anyway; yah I feel the same symptoms and you on and off but somehow get used to it. Had a major full blown panic yesterday after some very light stool that was probably due to recovery from diarreah.
    I think you misunderstand jaundice. It does not manifest excactly as you say. Itching is something all of us in the world has from time to time. Where do you itch? Is it massive? Constant? The itching ascosciated with jaundice is on the palms of the hands and soles of the feets. And it is more or less constant.
    As for the gnawing upper stomach pain; from what I have understood(if you dont google to much where worst case scanario comes up)it could be gastritis. Then the testings for any pancreas problems is a mad goose chase. To determine if it is gastritis you need endoscopy. Have you requested it?
    And no - gastritis is not dangerous. But can be painful yes.
    Last edited by paranoid-viking; 27-04-18 at 19:05.

thank you for your replies lofwyr,emc and paranoid viking...i just want to say I haven't feared PC non-stop for the last 4 years. When testing ruled it out the fear went away and I didn't fear PC again until the last few weeks. Trying to stay calm until i get the blood results. Thanks again for taking the time to respond.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information