Thread: Need Someone who understands

Need Someone who understands

Hi
    All.
    I am seeking to get support from others who understand my pain. I have been diagnose with anxiety, ocd, PSTD and depression. After the birth of my 5 child I went out of my mind. I was suicidal depress and suffered terrible anxiety attacks. I eventually was put on medication this was back in 2008. I had every heart test you can imagine nothing was found. Fast forward to now 2018, my anxiety has return. I'm scared that I have a serious heart condition, or that I'm going to catch a cold or the flu and die from it. Right now I have a fever its 98.8 and I feel I have a sore throat, I'm scared that I'm going to get pneumonia and end up in the hospital. I have all types of pains, headaches, heart racing. I have been having anxiety attacks almost every night. My husband don't understand, he just tells me I need someone to talk to, he doesn't want to hear it. That makes me feel much worse, if you're married to me I feel as if you should be there just to listen when I need you. If anyone can relate and give some type of encouraging words, it will be greatly appreciated.

Re: Need Someone who understands

98.8 is not a fever! I have a fever right now and it's 99.8. I'm battling some upper respiatory virus and it's not fun. My throat is super sore. I went to the doctor and she said it was just a virus. I too am freaking out, and of course thinking the worst. You may just have a minor virus, but you don't have a fever.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethansmom View Post
    98.8 is not a fever! I have a fever right now and it's 99.8. I'm battling some upper respiatory virus and it's not fun. My throat is super sore. I went to the doctor and she said it was just a virus. I too am freaking out, and of course thinking the worst. You may just have a minor virus, but you don't have a fever.
    Agreed on that-
    - Like virtually any lab result, which there is a "normal" value, completely healthy people can still fall out of that range. No human body is the same, and is constantly subject to all sorts of influence (temperature can change based of your eating and drinking, activity level, or even emotional state). While WebMD is rightfully considered an enemy here, it does contain some useful info:
    "Not everyone’s “normal” body temperature is the same. Yours could be a whole degree different than someone else’s. ...For a typical adult, body temperature can be anywhere from 97 F to 99 F. Babies and children have a little higher range: 97.9 F to 100.4 F."

As for the throat.. there are so many simple reasons to have that, and while treatment is never a bad thing, it is certainly not at all a reason to panic. Frankly, right now, your anxiety will be taking a FAR bigger toll on your body, and you should focus on that more than anything. If your throat still doesn't feel good, by all means get checked out, but still don't panic.

Normal body temperature is 97.6-99.7 if you have a temp of 100.4 and higher you have a fever.
    The average body temperatures based on age are estimated as:

• Babies and children. In babies and children, the average body temperature ranges from 97.9°F (36.6°C) to 99°F (37.2°C).
    • Adults. Among adults, the average body temperature ranges from 97°F (36.1°C) to 99°F (37.2°C).
    • Adults over age 65. In older adults, the average body temperature is lower than 98.6°F (36.2°C).

Keep in mind that normal body temperature varies from person to person. Your body temperature might be up to 1°F (0.6°C) higher or lower than the guidelines above. Identifying your own normal range can make it easier to know when you have a fever. https://www.healthline.com/health/wh...perature-range

all those symptoms you are talking about, that sounds like anxiety to me. I get that way sometimes when I am very anxious.

Thread Information