Thread: things look off?

things look off?

I don't know if this is DP/DR as I don't feel disconnected to my body or surroundings, however everything just looks plain weird.

I had a severe panic attack a month ago and I've felt this way ever since, everything looks weird and it causes me to have anxiety, every single waking moment of the day. I don't know what to do.

I want to snap out of this so bad...does anyone else feel this way?

Re: things look off?

I don't know if this is extacly how you feel but whenever I get stressed or after having attack. Thing's just don't seem right to me. It's like I'm in my body, I'm aware of what's happening yet it just doesn't seem right? Like something is out of place at all times.

I find what helpful sometimes is to write it all down, like what feels off. Like trying to express it and bring yourself back again.

yes! it's so frustrating...it's almost like my panic attacks trigger m y brain to go into a fog.

---------- Post added at 16:30 ---------- Previous post was at 16:28 ----------

Sarah- does it take some time for you to "come out" of it?? It's been a month. I'm starting to feel helpless.

I feel that way, too... Only Klonopin helps, though I've been on Venlafaxine for about a year and a half and it's been helping me reduce the feelings of unreality. My panic attacks are always DP/DR.

Quote Originally Posted by fanta123 View Post
    yes! it's so frustrating...it's almost like my panic attacks trigger m y brain to go into a fog.

---------- Post added at 16:30 ---------- Previous post was at 16:28 ----------

Sarah- does it take some time for you to "come out" of it?? It's been a month. I'm starting to feel helpless.
    I have the same but I feel off all the time since my panic attack maybe not full dp but I still feel off like I'm not myself

Hey brad...how long has it been for you ?

Quote Originally Posted by fanta123 View Post
    Hey brad...how long has it been for you ?
    Couple years, I find it goes away if I'm worried about something!

Thread Information