Thread: Liquid sertraline

Liquid sertraline

I’ve been given liquid sertraline to help me taper off more easily. I started taking it 4 days ago ,I fill the syringe and put the liquid straight into my mouth. The thing is I’ve been getting really bad heartburn. I’ve read on various sites that you should mix liquid sertraline in water but it doesn’t say to mix it with water anywhere in the instructions does anyone else take this straight instead of mixing with another liquid. Thanks for any info

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Re: Liquid sertraline

Make sure you take it with food - will ease heartburn. I wouldn't mix it with anything if it doesn't say to do so.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Thanks for your reply

Quote Originally Posted by Shirl1 View Post
    I’ve been given liquid sertraline to help me taper off more easily. I started taking it 4 days ago ,I fill the syringe and put the liquid straight into my mouth. The thing is I’ve been getting really bad heartburn. I’ve read on various sites that you should mix liquid sertraline in water but it doesn’t say to mix it with water anywhere in the instructions does anyone else take this straight instead of mixing with another liquid. Thanks for any info
    Were you having issues tapering ? what dose were you on and for how long ? Did it help you ?

Hi I’ve been on 100 mg of sertraline for about 18months now. I was put on it for panic attacks / anxiety. It helped me through a rough time I took it in pill form. My doctor changed it to liquid to make it easier for me to taper. I’m starting my reduction at 5% ,I just find the liquid is giving me heartburn

Quote Originally Posted by Shirl1 View Post
    Hi I’ve been on 100 mg of sertraline for about 18months now. I was put on it for panic attacks / anxiety. It helped me through a rough time I took it in pill form. My doctor changed it to liquid to make it easier for me to taper. I’m starting my reduction at 5% ,I just find the liquid is giving me heartburn
    Why are you starting at 5% if you dont mind me asking ? Thats much slower and smaller than the usual recommendations ?

Thread Information