Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Leukemia and Lymphoma

Tonsil lump

Hey,

So it's been a while since I last posted here. I've been trying to keep away from anything to do with health and the like to try and help calm my mind. Recently however, I've become really concerned about a lump I found on my left tonsil, so much so that my HA has boiled over despite my best efforts keeping it in check. I've come here just to see if anyone here has experienced anything similar.

So, I noticed the lump a few days ago. It started with me waking up and feeling as though I had something stuck at the back of my throat/tongue. To describe it, it looks round/oval shaped, pink fleshy looking, not too dissimilar to the tonsil itself, although perhaps slightly lighter/paler in colour. It sits on the lower half of the tonsil.
    The day before yesterday I noticed my lower jaw on the same side (left) began frequently twitching a lot, and feeling strange, like not so much pain, but somewhat tense. The best way I can describe it is quite akin to the feeling you get when you suck on a sour sweet.
    Then yesterday, there is now a very small lump, which I can only assume is a lymph node just above my jaw line below my ear. Again, this on the left side where I had a lot of twitching. The twitching has abated almost entirely since, though, I'm still experiencing a slight tense feeling there still, as well as some slight aches in my throat, which may or may not be due to me concentrating on that area.
    A couple of weeks prior to this I began noticing slight ear aches and quite frequent tinnitus spikes, as well as a more than usual loss in appetite, headaches and general lethargy.

I've felt the lump myself, with very clean hands of course, and didn't feel any pain when touching it. The lump felt quite firm and didn't move all that much.

It might be worth mentioning that I'm about 3 weeks away from seeing an ENT due to a consistent lack of smell since the beginning of the year. With my sense of taste (flavours) being 95% lost to me since the beginning of last year. How relevant that is to what's going on now, I'm not sure, but I've found nothing to suggest an obvious relationship to these new goings-on.

Considering my background HA due to happenings with radiation exposure Feb last year (I won't go into that!), everything worries me exponentially to what could be symptomatically 'C' related. I've been doing my best to remain as calm as possible. I'm quite proud of myself all things considering (allow my self-boasting if you will).

Anyway, like I've said, I'm to see an ENT in the next few weeks, so I'm holding out on going to the doctors right away, as knowing them, they'd just tell me to wait until I see the ENT. I just wanted some feedback from you guys until then.

Thanks for reading.

Re: Leukemia and Lymphoma

Hey,

Sorry, I'd not gotten any notifications and had promised myself that unless otherwise I'd stay away from anything HA related or searching nasties on the internet.

Since my last post here I've gotten better in my head, although I wish I could say the same for my symptoms! They've just kept on coming, but I've somehow resisted the urge to let it consume me (a couple days here and there permitting). I think it has been a combination of trying to control my anxieties and being on Sertraline almost a year now! (Wow, times flies).

The biggest new symptoms this year are loss of smell and more recently a lump on my left tonsil, followed by a presumed swollen lymph node on my left jaw-line. I just made a new post detailing it here.

Hope everyone here is doing well.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi Kopesy,
    Can I please ask how you’ve been feeling now? I hope your feeling much better!

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread Information