Thread: Elevated B12 Levels

Question Elevated B12 Levels

Hi Guys...

I am 36 year old female with Thalassemia Minor and Hypothyroid that I manage by taking a 0.5 mg folic acid and a 100mg Thyroxine every morning..

Just got a blood report saying that I have elevated B12 Levels... The normal range is 138-800 and my levels are 1010...

I never had high B12 Levels before neither I had low B12 Levels... I have never taken any B12 Supplements.... I do eat a lot of meat... That's about it...

Mr Google suggests that High B12 Levels suggests Leukaemia or Liver Disease... Though my blood tests show normal liver function...

I am so panicked right now that I can't concentrate on anything....

Has anyone had high B12 Levels without being on B12 supplements...? If yes, please please tell me it's not serious to have high B12 Levels...

My GP doesn't look very worried about my high B12 levels and she suggests to retest in couple of months...

Re: Elevated B12 Levels

Mine are on the high side as well, but I do not have liver disease or leukemia.
    Certain cases of high vitamin B12 blood levels can be linked to autoimmune diseases (with chronic inflammations) and I do have autoimmune conditions.

I have high B12 levels and was told there was no significance. It didn't indicate anything.

A blood test would have been very out of whack if you had leukemia. And, your liver function would’ve been abnormal if you had liver disease.

I think you can put those fears out of your mind.

Thank you WiseMonkey... Pulisa and AMomentofClarity for your reply.... It does ease my mind to know that there are others with the elevated B12 levels and there's nothing serious about it.... Thank you all...

WiseMonkey... What kind of autoimmune conditions are you talking about...?

Quote Originally Posted by Gotitright22 View Post
    Thank you WiseMonkey... Pulisa and AMomentofClarity for your reply.... It does ease my mind to know that there are others with the elevated B12 levels and there's nothing serious about it.... Thank you all...

WiseMonkey... What kind of autoimmune conditions are you talking about...?
    Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Interstitial Cystitis, Sjogrens Syndome and maybe Lupus also as I've has a couple of pointers come up for that too in the past.

This happened to my Mom recently. Come to find out, it was her daily multi vitamin she was taking was causing it.

i have elevated B12 too...but my doctor is unsure why :/

Thread Information