Thread: Totally in a state years on from GAD - Trigger warning mentions death of someone

Totally in a state years on from GAD - Trigger warning mentions death of someone

Hi Guys

So I had terrible, crippling GAD about 8 years ago. I would not eat for days on end, have the terrible nausea feeling, palpitations, feeling out of my body, bad episodes of vertigo and dizziness and a general feeling of 'something is very wrong and I think I have an illness'.

In time I got over this - went on holiday again - drank alcohol and danced until the sun came up - had a little boy!!!! - I had a phobia of labour but I did everything I had always dreamed of when previously ill with GAD.

However - my grandmother died a month ago and yesterday was her funeral. I have experienced a few deaths since I got well again and nothing ever set me off. However I arrived in London Victoria after a 6 hour coach journey from Liverpool and I had very very bad vertigo, dizziness, couldnt get words out. I put it down to a journey and the fact I had taken kwells travel pills.

However, this morning I was very tearful and upset about the funeral yesterday and I am now sat in work and have just had another little episode.

I also feel numb, sick and dizzy like when hungry but I have just eaten lots. I cannot believe this is all coming back. I want to go back to normal.

Re: Totally in a state years on from GAD - Trigger warning mentions death of someone

Hi Supernova,
    Firstly I'm sorry about your Grandma.
    You did amazingly well to recover and do all these amazing things 8 years ago. I wonder what it was you did that helped you then and if it'd be possible to go back to it. Sometimes if we've been doing well we forget to put into practice the things we've learned.
    Honestly though I think that it's totally understandable that you felt the way you did after the long journey and the emotions of a funeral.
    Sorry I can't be of more help, hopefully someone will come along with some practical wisdom
    Best wishes
    X

Thread Information