Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Worried About Blood Clot in my Leg?

Weird Back Discomfort and Dizziness/Balance?

I don't know how to describe these symptoms but I'll try my best. Okay, for the last week I've had a weird back sensation, upper between my shoulder blades, and radiating from my left back ribs. Sometimes I get little sharp pains in one particular post just under the shoulder blade part that sticks out, and sometimes I get other little pinches under my left arms and in my left elbow. It's not as bad when sitting down, though I can feel like it s going to 'pop', its a feeling like something is going to 'pop' out of place or something. When I stand, or go for a walk, I start getting a little nervous because it feels like the left back ribs are popping in and out of place, and my spine does feel funny, which is probably why my tummy get tight and tight.

I went to my doctor yesterday, she did a couple of arm exercises for me to move around, took my blood pressure, and listened to my heart and back with the stethoscopes, and she said my chest was perfectly clear, blood pressure a little high but I get that a lot when going to doctors as I suffer with health anxiety anyway.

I've also been getting an off-balance feeling, like I'm on a boat. That is the only way I can describe it, the only thing that is helping ease it is holding my nose and popping my ears.

She said I was ridiculously healthy, and wasn't going to reassure me anymore, and told my mum to do the same, that this is all anxiety and I should start taking the beta-blockers to help me (non addictive ones).

I don't know whether it is my poster from bad sitting and hunching over looking at a computer all the time, or not sitting properly, sometimes when I press a little into my back shoulder and ribs on the left, it feels sore, or tender, or like your running your finger over something rubbery and gives you that funny sensation.

Anyway, I'm getting really upset about this and its distressing me. I'm 30 year old female, Hypothyroid, and have suffered with a bit of acid reflux these past few month, as I've been severely stressed and tense, overwhelmed with a lot of things. I know my chest is clear and everything but it doesn't stop me worrying what this could be. I was started to think about MS, or an Enlarged spleen, ulcer, something loose or dislodged, other things I don't know. My doctor did mention something about Fibromyalgia, not sure if she meant the stress can bring it on or could develop it, I don't remember.

It also feels like my back is crunching sometimes when I walk. So now I'm feeling scared to walk too much because of these symptoms and sensations, as it makes me feel funny, and off balance, and then I get scared, so everything gets tighter and harder.

What is it? I am so confused and distraught by this?

Re: Weird Back Discomfort and Dizziness/Balance?

Did you mention to the doctor that you’re frequently seeking reassurance on a health anxiety website as well? To me that would fall into a similar category as medical reassurance or reassurance from your mom. What will it take to accept the fact that you’re “ridiculously healthy” (quoted by a trained medical professional) and tackle your anxiety?

Quote Originally Posted by AMomentofClarity View Post
    Did you mention to the doctor that you’re frequently seeking reassurance on a health anxiety website as well? To me that would fall into a similar category as medical reassurance or reassurance from your mom. What will it take to accept the fact that you’re “ridiculously healthy” (quoted by a trained medical professional) and tackle your anxiety?
    Hi, sorry for late reply, yeah I told my doctor, she already had an idea anyway. I'm not saying it is a life and death thing I'm experiencing, but I am still having these symptoms. Whether its an inner ear infection, or fluid, or an inflammed spleen to do with my left ribs and shoulder blade, and my dizzy spells. This has only flared up in the last 6 days, but I had the back discomfort for a while longer, the dizziness has started the last few days though. She mentioned something about Fibromyalgia but I can't remember what she said. Thanks for replying though.

---------- Post added at 18:26 ---------- Previous post was at 18:25 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    I'm curious as to why you deleted your previous multi page thread? It really showed your pattern of thinking and anxiety

Positive thoughts
    Hi, sorry for late reply, I got rid of them in haste, I was feeling a lot of things and was going to get rid of my account but had already deleted my threads by then. Thanks for replying.

Sounds like bad posture. That can cause dizziness especially if you're sitting down a lot

Update: I'm still getting that discomfort in my back, can feel it in my spine too. It's not pain, more like a pressure or knotting, but it feels funny when I move around, walk etc. It travels from my left back shoulder blade to my left ribs under my chest in the front, where it feels like its pressing. I try to sit straight, sometimes I get little sharp pains with some movement, and I can feel it n my back when I take a deep inhale. I'm not saying it's life threatening, but I am worried about things like an enlarged spleen, inflammed spleen, something dislodged. I'm not running around panicking, but I feel it and its there, and it unsettles me. The dizziness has only happened the last 4 days, which has me very distressed the most, because it literally feels like I'm swaying on a boat or something, that I have to sit or lay down for it to stop for a while. I thought it may be inner ear infection, fluid, vertigo but I also worry about more serious stuff.

I get scared, I feel isolated, these symptoms are occurring but I'm not saying its life serious, but I worry that it might be, because of how it makes me feel and just need advice.

---------- Post added at 18:35 ---------- Previous post was at 18:33 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Phuzella View Post
    Sounds like bad posture. That can cause dizziness especially if you're sitting down a lot
    Hi, can dizziness be caused by bad pasture? I do hunch a lot, as I'm looking down at a computer screen all day, or laying down in the evening, so I'm not sure if that may cause it? The dizziness only started like 4 days or so ago, so that caused me to get unsettled by it, as it feels like I'm swaying when I am standing or walking. Thanks for your reply.

Yes it does for me. I find if I sit too long my neck muscles get achy and this can make me feel unsteady when I get up and walk around.

Yes it does for me. I find if I sit too long my neck muscles get achy and this can make me feel unsteady when I get up and walk around.
    Yeah, I guess I'm worried because it's last for a few days now, which can be unsettling and stops me from doing my normal things like walk the dogs, especially the back, makes me feel wobbly back and dizzy.

Try to keep it up though. The more you do your normal things, the better you'll feel.

Try to keep it up though. The more you do your normal things, the better you'll feel.
    Yeah, I'm going to try use a hot water bottle, its not a pain, its more of an ache and weird funny sensation is how I can best describe it. Thank you.

---------- Post added at 21:51 ---------- Previous post was at 19:57 ----------

Update: The heat is helping, but my mind is still on what it is. I'm doing the best I can to relax, to take it easy, and not over think, as I sometimes think if it might be my spleen because its on the left? Then I scared myself when I read about ruptured or burst spleens being, that scared me. Sometimes, I get little pinching pains across my upper chest, like its pulling, the bone between the breasts, and just below my collar bones. It is just makin me feel wobbly, and off. That is the best way I can describe it, like something is going to pop, or I have to crack or 'pop' my shoulder to get a second of relief, well, feels like that.

I'm having that funny feeling, but its more so in my side left ribs now than my shoulder blade. Don't know how to describe it, like funny pressure, like that sensation you get in your side from leaning over too much on that side. That is the best explanation. I also seen the news about Avicii, that young man who died at 28, he had acute pancreatitis, gallbladder stone and appendix. I kept worrying this might be my spleen or appendix or something burst, I don't know. I just worry terribly about it. It's not like a pain, more of a discomfort, I don't know.

Only one dizzy spell today, but the left front ribs and left back shoulder blade are what is the big worry for me right now.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information