Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Worried About Blood Clot in my Leg?

Re: Weird Back Discomfort and Dizziness/Balance?

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Mischa,

Carrying on this thread documenting every niggle and worry isn't healthy for you. As I saw on the multi page thread you deleted, it's just keeping you in a cycle of anxiety and distress. Perhaps taking a break from the forum and finding some things to distract you would be in order. Spring is here and getting outside, taking a walk or doing some other things may help your state of mind. It's just sad to see you in this constant state of worry

Is there anyplace you can contact in your area for help with your anxiety?

Positive thoughts
    Hi, I know, sometimes it does help to talk about it though. I started my CBT Therapy this week, so I have regular weekly appointments now, so see how that goes. Thanks, I know you mean well, I'm just struggling at the moment, but doing my best.

I'm having a bad time right at this moment, my left ribs under my chest are feeling tight and tender, like a pressure, and I'm having this pulling sensation in the bottom of my stomach, I don't know of its connected. This is so distressing, what is it? I feel the aching discomfort in my back left should as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Stress, anxiety and hyper-focusing on every niggle. Simple as that.

Positive thoughts
    Sorry for late reply, I'm doing my best to manage at the moment. I've been taking it slower, and not allowing outside things to stress me, it's not easy, and it still creeps in sometimes during the day, if I get a niggle or a funny feeling, but I'm doing my best to slow down and rationalize. This is very hard for me, but I'm trying. Thank you.

I'm freaking out, this has only happened today, I've noticed a sloshing sound in my stomach, when I move, it is like the sloshing of water in a bath tub? This is really upsetting me? I read people online saying that theirs sounded like gastroparesis?

I've also been getting a tight pulling pain in my left leg, just near the underneath of my knee, so I have been panicking about blood clots as well.

Worried About Blood Clot in my Leg?

I'm freaking out a bit today, I've had this little pinching pain in my left calf, just below the underneath of the knee. It's happening more when I walk around, sometimes it feels like a pulling pain. It's not happening when I'm laying down or sitting, only when I get up to move about on it, like in the fatty part of your calf? It's making me very panicky and scared. That is the leg, just behind that knee where I have some small little varcose veins, like only two small ones had for years. I'm panicking this is a blood clot?

I've had a horrible fear of blood clots for years and pulmonary embolisms. I'm 30, so this has been years, I also suffer terribly with health anxiety. I'm not an active person, and most of my day is spent sitting, beside walking my dogs or doing a couple little things around my house because I work at my computer.

It's starting to scare me now. I can't see any swelling, my calves look the same size, but both my feet are cold, but I do have Hypothyroidism (medicated).

I have an oximeter, and it read 97-98% SPo2, and my heart rate is between the 80-90's, 90's if I'm moving around a bit, but usually it is between 70'-80's.

I've had a lot of chocolate today, so feeling very jittery and anxious from the sugar.

---------- Post added 02-05-18 at 00:16 ---------- Previous post was 01-05-18 at 20:44 ----------

My heart rate jumped a bit earlier, about an hour ago, it jumped to 122, then came rapidly back down to low 100's, and back down in the 90's. I'm starting to get scared about the blood clot thing, I still have a pinching cramp in the left calf, just below the knee. Sometimes, when I touch it, it does feel a little sore. I'm worrying the raised heart rate could be related to it? I'm feeling terrified that it is a blood clot.
    Last edited by mischamoonlight; 01-05-18 at 20:49.

Re: Worried About Blood Clot in my Leg?

Same boat. Let’s run and get through this together. My left foot is swollen. I think it’s going up my calf. I’m afraid too. It’s a strong fear of mine along with PEs. I had a positive D diner in 2010 on BC I’m no on it anymore but since then I fear it. I have varicose veins since pregnancy so I worry about blood clots more now. Same age too.

My aunt is an RN and suggested doin the food flex test. Point out, point toes to your head, then point to right and left. Feel for heat and watch for redness. That’s what is getting me through right now.

I'm getting slight cramping/pinching today, not as bad as yesterday, I can walk around all right, just every so often I get the pinching/cramp/ like a pulling pain.

Today, I've been feeling a little tight chested, especially in my back, on my left side where I was getting the aching before. Not sure if that is related to the leg? I am feeling scared about a blood clot becoming lose, and travelling up to my chest or brain and it becoming a Pulmonary Embolism?

Is the tight chest and back aching related to it? I'm very distraught at the moment, and the cramp/pinching in my leg set it all of. I dd the oximeter again today, sometimes the readings seem to go all over the place. Earlier SPo2 went down to 94 and then jumped up again, then down again, now it seems stable again between 96-99. My heart rate jumps a little as well, was in the low 100's, but I was moving around, and now I'm sat back down, it is back in the 80-90's, mainly 80's.

Blood clots and PE petrify me, this is why.

To both of the other posters here.....

Running medical tests on yourself at home is a horrendous idea. Without medical training, you A) Don't know how to perform the tests properly and B) Have absolutely no clue how to interpret the results/what can drive the results you're getting.

Most likely you will "interpret" the results as proof that you have the conditions you fear via confirmation bias and continue the cycle of debilitating health anxiety.
    Last edited by AMomentofClarity; 02-05-18 at 16:58.

Quote Originally Posted by AMomentofClarity View Post
    To both of the other posters here.....

Running medical tests on yourself at home is a horrendous idea. Without medical training, you A) Don't know how to perform the tests properly and B) Have absolutely no clue how to interpret the results/what can drive the results you're getting.

Most likely you will "interpret" the results as proof that you have the conditions you fear via confirmation bias and continue the cycle of debilitating health anxiety.
    I'm stopping now, because it is actually making me more anxious about everything. Thank you for reply.

---------- Post added at 20:48 ---------- Previous post was at 20:44 ----------

Update: My heart rate is a little up tonight, I don't know if it is from my food today (nothing spicy, just a vegetable pizza and chocolate for afters), but yeah, it's in the 90's up to 110, between that. It's causing me to feel anxious and worried.

I'm not having the leg cramping or pinching anymore but still a small spot on my calf that feel tender when I touch t, so now I'm freaking out more that maybe their was a blood clot that has traveled up to my chest or something?

Obviously, after reading about Pulmonary Embolisms, and fast heart rate, rapid heart beat, I'm not stuck on that thinking. My left back ribs are all sore and achy too. What is wrong with me?

Let's think about the likeliest explanation for your symptoms. You've got pain in your left leg in a specific area. First thing that comes to mind is muscular pain. You've probably been fiddling with it, which will only serve to make the pain stick around longer. It feels like a pulling pain when you move around, which also sounds muscular. And it doesn't hurt when you aren't exerting it, which also points to simple muscle pain.

As to why you might have muscle pain: muscle pain happens all the time. Sometimes you made a bad movement and didn't even notice it, but it hurt one of your muscles.

My money's on you being totally okay!

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information