Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Health Anxiety - Can I get rabies from a dusty ceiling vent in China?

Re: Health Anxiety - Can I get rabies from a dusty ceiling vent in China?

I saw your post before it was deleted (didn't know it was deleted actually). You need to remember that people here can be 13 years old on the forum, and yes it was inappropriate. I know you have genuine concerns about the issue, but I honestly think you need to be bringing these issues up with your CBT therapist - as the concern you had (now deleted) is certainly irrational.

Hi guys adding onto my reply above,

About hantavirus... I have a cough now since yesterday because my throat feels itchy.

Did you read the reply I made about Hantavirus...and why its not possible ?!

Yes I did read it!

But on the Govt of Canada Website it says:
    "Symptoms appear 1 to 6 weeks after being exposed to the virus. They can include:

tiredness
    dizziness
    fever and chills
    muscle aches and headaches
    nausea and vomiting
    stomach pain
    coughing"

Well at one point or another I had those and now I have coughing.

Its been ALMOST 6 weeks. So I guess any moment now this cough will turn into full on hantavirus..

Im so close to going to the walk in clinic. But Im trying to fight it off.
    Im sorry if it seems like Im not reading your posts (I am). Its just that my thoughts are really overpowering.

So I guess any moment now this cough will turn into full on hantavirus..
    About as likely as the dust from the Chinese ceiling having given you HIV! I don't think anything I say to you right now, with respect, will make any difference to how you are processing this. However, I have mice in my shed and I go in there all the time, sit on the floor and so on....mice are all around us and only certain species RARELY carry Hantavirus. You have moved from rabies to Hantavirus, and I suspect you will find another illness when the 'hantavirus' doesn't become hantavirus.

If you must look things up, which is not a good plan, then start looking up why you can't and won't have hantavirus. Stop trying to prove to yourself in your searches that you do have it. For example:-

In Canada since 1989 there have been 27 deaths from Hantaviruses. So, in 29 years - 27 deaths. Thats less than one person every year in a massive Country. I know you were in China - but I presume you were in a fairly ok hotel and not sleeping in a deprived area with rats and mice running over your bed ?
    Last edited by Carys; 03-05-18 at 16:32.

Are you sure it got deleted? Nic merged your thread from earlier with the one previously that got moved to the men's issues board.

We see plenty of women on here talking about similar. Sometimes they edit things that are too graphic or delete them, they probably get complaints due to the 13+ issue with some.

---------- Post added at 16:41 ---------- Previous post was at 16:38 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinor762 View Post
    Hi all

Well I'm almost 20 (don't want to give out exact age).

Now I'm just worrying about something else which I posted for but got deleted.
    I want to tell you all but it's a bit innapropriate.

I'm doing CBT and well maybe if I do the thought record it may help??
    A Thought Record is a good tool to use so worth trying. The information Carys has provided should help you to populate it.

Ok, I stand corrected, the post made that I referred to as 'inappropriate' has been merged with another of the OP's threads. It isn;t deleted.
    Last edited by Carys; 03-05-18 at 17:09.

Kev,

I strongly urge you to contact the mental health association in Canada. I strongly feel real life help and intervention is your best course of action.

Good luck and as always...

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Ok, I stand corrected, the post made that I referred to as 'inappropriate' has been merged with another of the OP's threads. It isn;t deleted.
    I'm a bit about them merging them, it would take some serious yoga practice to achieve that

I think you have a valid point over content.

Hi All,
    Thank you so much for the replies.
    And as predicted my mind is now onto something else....
    I hope you guys take the time to "deal" with me. Im sorry if Im becoming annoying to you all, I dont mean to do so.

Basically my dog sniffed a bowl of raw pork (the outside of the bowl which had the bacteria on it).
    I come home with a sandwich in its wrapper which my DOG ALSO SNIFFED.
    The wrapper ended up touching my sandwich and now Im scared im going to die from some infection.
    Am I being rational...
    What if some parasite worm will be living inside me and I wont know??
    MY HANDS TOUCHED THE WRAPPER AND I ATE WITH MY HANDS.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information