Thread: Travel Anxiety makes me intimidated of foreign countries

Wink Travel Anxiety makes me intimidated of foreign countries

Hi,
    I love travelling. The only problem is that it makes me so anxious. I worry that something could happen to the plane or we could be in danger. I worry that something will happen to my husband or child and to make it worse, when I travel to a foreign country in Europe or US I get very intimidated. Im very comfortable with the language and everything but i JUST GET INTIMIDATED BY EVERYONE AND i WORRY SOMEONE WILL be racist to us . That is a big fear, of racism. And we are asian so It scares me a lot. aLL these fears really ruin my entire travel experience and i HATE IT. Please help me. Im travelling tot he US for three weeks soon.

Re: Travel Anxiety makes me intimidated of foreign countries

Hi There

I can really relate to your fears as regards the plane. I do not fly at all. But I really would not worry about racism. In the UK attitudes have really changed in the last few decades. Most of us are grateful fo the help of Indian doctors, nurses etc., and racism is far less of an issue than when I was growing up in the 1980s. As regards the USA, that country was built up on immigration, cities such as New York are very diverse and welcoming, so few issues there.

Some of the world leaders we have at the moment do make people more scared, but most people are still decent human beings and have all the same feelings we all have, which are universal. There is good and bad wherever you go, be it India, Europe or the USA, go out and enjoy!!!!

If anyone is small minded enough to be racist, they are the sad pathetic ones, thankfully they are in the minority!

Thread Information