Thread: Need your help and support. Sertraline tablets. side effects?

Need your help and support. Sertraline tablets. side effects?

Just been prescribed these tablets from my GP anyone knows of side effects related to these? Are they helpful? How many days before they kick in and start feeling better? Any other info would be appreciated. Many thanks.
    Just desperate at the moment!!!!!

Re: Need your help and support. Sertraline tablets. side effects?

Hi, I can't answer this personally as I am on Mirtazapine.

A friend of mine is on Sert tho and she said they are good. One side effect she got was aching / pain in legs but this soon subsided.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Zoloft by Pfizer, which is the original drug, and sertraline as the generic, I would say it helps yes, but not immediately. If anything you will feel worse than before, with gradual improvements. It took me 9 weeks to actually start feeling better. Sertraline gave me headaches, nausea, dizziness, jitteriness.... pfizer zoloft just made me feel a little out of it, but no major symptoms.

I second that, same side effects and got worse before better. Hopefully you were given 25mg to start, some people start at 50mg which isn't bad either but low with gradual increases seems to work best for most people. I've seen some posts where people were prescribed 100mg as a starting dose which turned them off from the medication since the side effects were too much.

Hi,

I’ve been taking 100mg for about an year and find it helpful in managing my emotions. It took a few weeks to feel to notice the difference. Different people experience different side effects and some may not have any bothersome side effects at al.

Hope this helps.

I started with 50 mg about 2 months ago and I noticed the effects in about 2 weeks.

I've been on these twice before, starting on 50mg. First time had very unpleasant side effects (insomnia, diarrhoea, poor appetite), but these started to clear up at around four weeks and I began to feel a lot better. Second time around I didn't get the side effects and again started to feel better around four weeks in. As has been said, you may feel a little worse at the start but if they work for you, you will find the end result means it was well worth going through.

Thread Information