Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pancreatic Cancer

Pancreatic Cancer

Hello

It's been many weeks of absolute fear and sadness. What started as chest and stomach pains at the beginning of the year, that went to radiation sickness and now it's come right back around to stomach issues. The real issue.

I'm pretty convinced that at 28, I've been dealt a crappy luck and have been suffering for pancreatic cancer for since at least the start of the year.

My obsession with radiation poisoning and the symptoms I attributed to it ran alongside it with absolute coincidence. What would of and should have been caught early has now become much much worse and untreatable.

The flu and sweats I had during Christmas are what were the first signs of pc. The stomach aches and heart burn followed, then the bad toilets - pale/yellow, undigested, floating and loose.
    My nails have since had a white line going through each of them nearer the top. I've also got increasingly growing lymph nodes growing in my groin area, that which i found during a brief spell of fever and hot flushes. I also have bouts of itchiness and petechiae all over my body. This I've attributed to the spreading of the cancer, thus now being in a more advanced stage.
    My lack of taste which is still a thing 6+ weeks on has been known to happen to people with pc...

I should have put more effort into what was real and not what I thought. I would have stood a better chance instead of lowering my immune system worrying about radiation and making it grow and spread because of it.

I'm not ready die. Who is at 28? I've pushed my girlfriend to the brink with my constant crying and breakdowns. If only I'd listened to her. I've been selfish and unsympathetic to how she's been feeling. Even knowing it I still cry and make her efforts at trying to help be put to waste.

I'm an awful person and I'm going to die knowing that. Not ever having the chance to put right my wrongs and giving my girlfriend - my absolute love, the best life she deserves.

I'm so devastated.

Re: Pancreatic Cancer

Wait, so is this officially diagnosed?

Have you been to see your GP? Had any tests?

You haven't been diagnosed though have you?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

No, it's not confirmed, but I know it'll be this. When I connect the dots as to how I've been feeling.. since before Christmas actually, then it makes sense

I hope I'm very wrong, but everything adds up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopesy View Post
    No, it's not confirmed, but I know it'll be this. When I connect the dots as to how I've been feeling.. since before Christmas actually, then it makes sense

So why don't you see your Dr and get a scan?

All of these can be attributed to other things rather than PC. If you say you think you've had it since Xmas, you'd be very ill by now!

Jaundice? No. Weight loss? Fatigue? Vomiting?

Sweats, fingernail issue, none of which are symptoms.

Occasional bouts of itching. This would be severe and you would have Jaundice due to the build of of bile salts.

You're making your symptoms fit with what you think you want.

Also, pc is exceedingly rare in your 20's

I thought you feared it was radiation sickness ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kopesy View Post

This is a classic case of hypocondria going mad. None of the things you write screams pancreatic cancer. These are all common symptoms of many things, but you are obsessing yourself over the worst worst worst case scenario. Yoy may have googled and read about other things it could be but been thinking, but it lacks so and so so it cant be that, while at the same time been reading about PC, and although you read that some symptoms of PC lacks you are thinking "but I have read about people who did not have these symptoms and it turned out to be PC". You see, that is how a helath anxious mind plays trick on you. You put 2 and 2 together and get 5.
    You say that it makes sense but it does not. But when you are a hypocondriac the worst case scenario always makes sense. Even people who believe they are among the 5 people in the world designated to be infected by brain eating amoebas. You do find them on this forum.
    Besides, it sounds as if your "symptoms" comes and goes. Pancreatic cancer is a fast spreading aggresive cancer forms so symptoms does not suddenly come and then vanish. It gets progresively worse and worse.

Please dont post your fears on forums for cancer patients and their families. That is very disprespectful to those actually suffering this, and you are not one of them. Post it here.

---------- Post added at 16:02 ---------- Previous post was at 15:52 ----------

I had a susoicion based on the nature of the post that the OP is someone posting his fear on cancer forums and yes, so he did. A quick google search. I am not linking to it as such sites are trigggering peoples fear. It is wrong to do such a thing when you dont have cancer but only fears it while there are people there actually dealing woth it and dying.

You are 28 years old, per 100,000 people, 0 in your age-group are diagnosed.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information