Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Small red dots.... worry me

Small red dots.... worry me

Hey guys,

so I have had these little red dots on my left arm, kind of near the crook of the elbow for some time now. All of a sudden They are now worrying me. It was a really nice sunny day out, and " I may" have found a few more of them that I hadn't seen this winter. although they could have been there all along.

Im worried that they are petechia and could be a warning sign of leukaemia. I am a 28 yr old male and had a full CBC in early January that came back fully normal.

i have also heard of cherry angimos which are apparently completely harmless. Can anyone give some advice as to what you think these are... I'm worried now.

If I had normal Cbc 4 months ago, should I be worried?? Platlets and everything came back in range

image.jpg.112c8f3b5eecaa3377207a736adae80f.jpg

Re: Small red dots.... worry me

My Mam has lots of these little red dots on different parts of her body and she's perfectly healthy

I have a ton. They are called cherry angiomas and are malformations of blood vessels. They are completely benign.

Oh I didn't know what they were called, I thought they were red freckles, I have them too!

I have lots of these, apparently they are harmless.

My dermatologist lovingly calls them my little cherries. As above poster said on the patient portal they are referred to as cherry angiomas. I have them most on my upper arms, back, stomach and chest. My dematoogist has never said anything to me about them in a negative way.

I have these to, normal.

Cherry angiomas are raised and mole-like in shape. These red pinprick spots are different as they are flat. They are teensy weensy breaks and leakages from itsy bitsy blood vessels at the surface of the skin. They can come on with age and from increased fragility of the skin and vessels under it. I certainly have loads now where I had none as a youngster and they seem to remain permanently, although I believe some spontaneously resolve. Sometimes they are called 'senior purpura' if its to do with aging skin and when they are tiny like this, they are called petichae.

Although cosmetically displeasing, the disorder has no health consequences and does not herald severe bleeding elsewhere.
    If you get loads of petichae, that come on quickly then a doctors visit would be needed. It looks like you just have one or two or a few ? So, no issue I reckon.

Disclaimer - I'm not a medic! Just repeating back info that I've seen and read on here many times.

I get those a lot, with leukemia you have to have a lot more going on, unexplained bruises, frequent nosebleeds, fatigue etc

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Cherry angiomas are raised and mole-like in shape. These red pinprick spots are different as they are flat. They are teensy weensy breaks and leakages from itsy bitsy blood vessels at the surface of the skin. They can come on with age and from increased fragility of the skin and vessels under it. I certainly have loads now where I had none as a youngster and they seem to remain permanently, although I believe some spontaneously resolve. Sometimes they are called 'senior purpura' if its to do with aging skin and when they are tiny like this, they are called petichae.

If you get loads of petichae, that come on quickly then a doctors visit would be needed. It looks like you just have one or two or a few ? So, no issue I reckon.

Disclaimer - I'm not a medic! Just repeating back info that I've seen and read on here many times.

I feel like they are not completely flat, as they do kinda show a dome like shape above the skin.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information