Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bipolar or not.

Bipolar or not.

Hi not been diagnosed with this but had inclings that i may. Recent episode was last wk when i was in a hyper state of euphoria which i can honestly say i did feel the high. I was doing extreme house cleaning. This doesn’t happen all the time but over the years it has happened. Then there’s the come down which is horrible. Very motivating and then very lethargic. Just seen a list of symptoms that related to bipolar. Hope i,m not offending people with this who have been diagnosed with this.

Re: Bipolar or not.

I too have days like this, however, do you take risks without thinking, do you overspend money, like go on major shopping sprees? To get that high? There are many more, I was diagnosed with bipolar 2 disorder https://www.healthyplace.com/bipolar...ar-2-symptoms/ you must have more than one symptom I also have major depressive disorder. I am not saying you can be, but talk to your therapist or psychiatrist if you have one to get an accurate diagnosis. Also with depression you can have days even weeks like what you described.

Thanks for the reply i do most times do spending or trying to control my money as got myself in debt because of that. At the moment i,m lethargic eel like crap keep going over my night out i had last Friday.

Extreme house cleaning sounds like that extreme ironing sport!

I went through a period where I considered I may be bipolar due to similar reasons. What I later found was that we hear about bipolar but don't always hear about the different forms and the other similar mood disorders.

I later found it was more about mood swings for me. It can be confusing because we can experience these too and with bipolar we tend to hear about extreme mood swings, which weren't what I was experiencing, but also that the other disorders can mean less extreme swings too. But then there are the patterns/cycles to consider as well as these are very important in diagnosis.

It's hardly a wonder they get misdiagnosed for a time.

I found with my mood swings that I could trace them back to starting a med hence I knew it wasn't something like bipolar. I managed to treat them so I didn't fall into the low moods as hard anymore.

If you think you are bipolar then it's going to need a medical professional to make a diagnosis. And maybe you will need to be able to track the swings and what happens in them?

I agree Terry, you have to be diagnosed with it my husband had to talk to my psychiatrist and tell him what he was seeing with me.

Ye i will try an make an appointment with my doctor. Thanks for the reply ya. It seems this wk i feel like crap especially since my big night out last Friday going over and over things what i may of said or did. And also my harm ocd keeps coming in doing my head in. Literally i feel really down bad thoughts coming in don’t feel like doing anything. At work i put on a false front laughing and joking but inside sometimes i feel like crying. It’s seems to have escalated since i was in that high 2wks ago.

My friend you have, what sounds like depression.

I certainly feel depressed at that. But i always put that down to my ocd intrusive thoughts. I do go through phases of feeling like this then other times i feel like normal sort of.

Quote Originally Posted by Pkstracy View Post
    My friend you have, what sounds like depression.
    Yes, or perhaps it's a period of low mood coming from periods of higher anxiety?

Depression & anxiety often go hand in hand but it can be feeling depressed as low mood periods as opposed to clinical levels of depression that can be diagnosed separately.

I've think we sometimes forget that all the heightened states our bodies are in can mean we end up crashing for a while. The same often happens after periods of high anxiety or bad panic attacks where we feel washed out or experience DP/DR.

With my mood swing issues I would go into a period of heightened anxiety and after days & days of hating this I would end up in tears and crashing. But is that so abnormal when we experience pain? Don't those with physical disorders have to find ways to cope/manage these emotional issues from their challenges?

Yep, Terry, I have ups and downs I am taking a break right now from a cleaning frenzy, I have going on,it's midnight here and I am about to clean the bathroom. I know there are levels of depression and that anxiety and OCD go hand in hand, as I stated somewhere, I have major depressive disorder, PTSD, OCD, panic attacks, anxiety disorder, agoraphobia, and bipolar 2 disorder. I was just saying that from my own experiences and from what Homer said in his last post, it sounds like depression, also with anxiety.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information