Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update on Seroquel: it works :)

Update on Seroquel: it works :)

I just wanted to post this in case it helps someone.

After being on Seroquel (50 mg) for a couple of months, taking the medication before bed, and after noticing I've started relying on and reaching for Klonopin again, I've decided to take half a 25 mg tablet in the morning/before going out/a stressful situation. The verdict: it sedates, works differently to Klonopin, but it SIGNIFICANTLY reduces the likelihood of panic attacks, and if those do happen, they're shorter than usual for me.

Overall, I prefer Klonopin to Seroquel, but the latter isn't addictive and is healthier in general. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who's been advised to take it by their doctor, or to whoever's thinking about treating anxiety with anti-psychotics.

Re: Update on Seroquel: it works :)

Ana, How long do you think it took to start making a difference? I know you said you've been on it for 2 months. I was offered it last year but declined.

Glad it's working for you!!!

Thanks
    Last edited by BikerMatt; 10-05-18 at 17:07.

It took about 10 days to two weeks for me, Matt. I remember being pleasantly surprised at how quickly it had started working compared to an anti-depressant!
    Oh you know, I'd been declining Seroquel for about 3 years until I finally decided to give it a chance. The thing is, you don't risk becoming addicted to Seroquel, should you decide to take it, as you would if you were taking Clonazepam, for example.

I've noticed a change in two days, btw, since I started taking a half in the morning before work.

Quote Originally Posted by ana View Post
    It took about 10 days to two weeks for me, Matt. I remember being pleasantly surprised at how quickly it had started working compared to an anti-depressant!
    Oh you know, I'd been declining Seroquel for about 3 years until I finally decided to give it a chance. The thing is, you don't risk becoming addicted to Seroquel, should you decide to take it, as you would if you were taking Clonazepam, for example.

I've noticed a change in two days, btw, since I started taking a half in the morning before work.
    Thanks Ana, I might just give it a go then. I was on Seroxat from 2006 then had Mirtazapine added in 2014 and Propranolol in 2015. I stopped Seroxat in 2016 and Propranolol last year.

With everything i'm going through with my health i feel i need something extra. My GP actually gave me 14 Diazepam 3 weeks ago but i've only taken 3 as i try and resist.

Thanks for your help.

No problem.

Just try and see it as an experiment that if you do, you've got nothing to lose. If Seroquel doesn't work for you, then you'll stop taking it.

Yes, they always give Diazepam or Klonopin to patients because they work best, but it's such a shame they're so addictive, so in effect, they create more problems than they solve. Well done on resisting it!! Use it on an as per needed basis, when you're really unwell and panicking.

I'm happy to help answer any questions about medication or otherwise as it makes me feel good thinking my experience can help someone else feel better.

Thanks Ana, Did you have many side effects when starting? I did get the prescription last year but never took it. I'm supposed to take it at night and know it's sedating, so with this and my Mirtazapine i could be super sedated.

Thanks

I didn't have any side-effects. I also take my largest dose at night and yes, it's super sedating, but it ensures a peaceful night with no panic attacks.

I just got prescribed this today - supposed to take a half of a 25 mg tablet before bed. It seems klonopin is the only thing that helps and I’ve been on that daily for one and a half years now. I also take an antidepressant called trintellix. The goal is to keep me calm. I have such bad anxiety, and suffer from extreme anxiety. I’m too scared to take the pill:(. I don’t want to gain weight, although my doc says it’s more likely with higher doses. I don’t believe that. They all make me hungry. How do I get up the nerve to give it a go?

Is MIrtazapine good then? I have just come off seroxat after seventeen years and thinkin gof trying Mirtazapine. Does Mirtazapine help with motivation too?

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by bufforpington View Post
    Is MIrtazapine good then? I have just come off seroxat after seventeen years and thinkin gof trying Mirtazapine. Does Mirtazapine help with motivation too?
    All AD meds will help with motivation if they work for you, so it's best to discuss this with your doc.

Well done for coming off Seroxat after so many years - not an easy med to stop.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information