Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Update on Seroquel: it works :)

Re: Update on Seroquel: it works :)

Ethan's Mom, have you taken Seroquel? You won't gain weight on a low dose, don't worry.

Hi Ana! Yes, i have been taking 12.5mg at night for the past week. It knocks me out. unfortunately, i dont think i can continue with it. It makes me so exhausted the next day that i don't want to do anything. I need exercise and i literally have no energy after taking it. Perhaps i can cut the 12.5 into smaller pieces? That might do the trick :( I do notice increased appetite, however It's that time of the month so that could be part of it. Who knows.

I feel so bloated and gross. I do notice that taking seroquel makes me so tired that i don't need klonopin really. I'm taking it today in hopes that i don't need the seroquel for sleep. Let's see what happens tonight. How are you doing Ana? What are your current meds?

Aww I'm sorry to hear you're not getting on so well with Seroquel. My therapist thought it would be a good replacement for Klonopin though I completely understand what you're talking about as Seroquel knocks me out too and it doesn't quite have the same effect as Klonopin does.

I'm currently on Venlafaxine and Seroquel (50 mg). It does the trick of relaxing me and helping me sleep so I've been relying less on Klonopin, which is the main thing.

Hi Anna,
    I just bumped up my venlafaxine dose to 225MG (it's been 6 days ) and i can't sleep and feel extra anxious. The sleep part is the worst. I have left a message for my doctor, but wanted to make sure it's safe to take seroquel 12.5MG at night for sleep as well as effexor? Do you feel better with this combination.

Wow, okay, that's a large dose of Ven! Saying that, I'm very petite so anything over 150 MG, I can't handle well.
    Seroquel really really helps me relax and sleep. It's a good combination that works for me during the night and also day even though it doesn't do much when I'm experiencing panic attacks. Only Klonopin can make me calmer in those situations.
    My doctor has told me to only take Seroquel at night, even though I have tried taking it in the mornings, but it makes me too sleepy.
    I hope this helps.

hi Ana,
    I think I may try seroquel again, since trazodone is not helping with sleep or anxiety. Has your doctor ever mentioned the risk of diabetes? That’s what scares me the most. I also noticed I had a higher resting heart rate with it, but that could be because I was nervous to take it

I rated it at first as I slept with a dislocated should. A few trial show it works as adjunct to other ADs.
    It has adverse effects on your glucose and cholesterol.
    My psych just said “well do you want a few happy years or more miserable ones?”
    Down from 100 to 25 mg with difficulty. Can function better and no rebound midday anxiety.
    Glad if folk found it of use.

Re Mirtazipine- it is good for and calmness but motivation went out of window. Good luck.
    D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information