Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELLO anyone on anafranil/Clomipramine

Question HELLO anyone on anafranil/Clomipramine

Is anyone on anafranil on this site, i have read all the threads but they are old and was wondering if anyone has any recent experience with this medication. I started 4 weeks ago on 10mg then upped to 20mg two weeks ago. Be really great if someone replied..........Nothing negative please, as we are all going through horrible times. Thank you

MEDICATION please someone reply

Have been on anafranil starting at 10mg for two weeks, now on 20mg for the last three weeks. I have to go slow because I am sensitive to medication. I have had a couple of days where I felt pretty normal, then I got my period and now feel I have slipped back. I am probably being impatient and need to increase my dosage but is the fact that I have had a few good days mean that my medication is going to work and it's worth increasing? I hope this makes sense.
    Thank you for your help

Re: MEDICATION please someone reply

Sounds good to me Zoe, but I don't know enough about Anafranil. I am on Sertraline which is an SSRI type anti-depressant. Having been on this before I know I get good and bad days until the drug builds up more in my body. When it's at full effect (after six weeks or so with me) I feel well most of the time. What does your GP think about your anafranil dose?

Hi, thank you for replying. I have to talk to my psychiatrist this week to say how Iam feeling and any side effects still lingering. We are trying to find the right dosage. So I may go up to 30mg. Do you think having a couple of good days means this medication may work for me? I know it's still early days as I have only been on 20mg for three weeks now and this is a low dose.
    I just really want this to work.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hello Zoe,
    just wondering how the med is working for you? My doctor may want to try this one for my terrible anxiety and panic disorder.

Re: HELLO anyone on anafranil/Clomipramine

Sorry you aren't getting many replies! I wish someone would reply as I am too considering this medication.

Smile Re: HELLO anyone on anafranil/Clomipramine

Yes I am on it and have been on and off it for 23 years! To me it's a miracle drug and it's given me a life! It does take time to work though - I would say about 6 months. Any questions about it please feel free to ask!

I have been on clomipramine for 23 years, off and on. I had terrible panic disorder and it has done wonders for me - not afraid of anything now! I'm on 100mg and have been for quite a while. I would warn that it does take time to work - it took me about 6 months to a year to feel really well, but in my experience you feel a gradual improvement up to that point.

Re: HELLO anyone on anafranil/Clomipramine

At last a reply, thank you.

Well it’s been a ride but I can say this drug does work for me also.
    Once passed the initial startup which is always difficult, then normalcy starts to kick in. Although I still don’t like talking about in case I jinx it, guess that is just confidence yet to happen. X

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information