Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HELLO anyone on anafranil/Clomipramine

Re: MEDICATION please someone reply

I totally agree with the gradually improvement, I notice a difference around the three week mark when I have increased. Then I realise, actually I don’t feel this or that and can’t remember when the particular symptom stopped.

Have been on this med for 3 months so far

Re: MEDICATION please someone reply

I am on 20mg and have been for a few years now, went down to 10mg over Summer but felt bad so went back to 20. I too am sensitive to meds but this past couple of weeks, I have been feeling really low and am going to 30mg with maybe another increase depending on how I feel in a few weeks. I have found this to be the one med that has helped me and so I hope it continues to do so. Keep me posted zoe01708 and we can support each other.

Re: HELLO anyone on anafranil/Clomipramine

I tried 5 other meds - 4 ssri's (which made me ill) and lofepramine (which worked a little) until gp tried me on this 4 years ago. It works for me but everyone is different. It does give me yawning and constipation but on the whole it has kept me stable. Only on a low dose. I have gone very low and agitated this last two weeks though so going up to 30mg and then maybe higher if I need to as I hate feeling anxious and agitated, it makes me light headed panicky and tearful, so oping a higher dose will help and if it does I am happy to take it for life. Hate feeling like this. x

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

Has anyone any updates on clomipramine. I have felt really bad for the last 2 months and have been on upped dose of 50mg for the last 3 weeks but with little improvement. Really struggling with what to do - go up, go down? Think that some of what I am going through is delayed grief so unsure what effect an AD will have on this? I am really struggling with morning anxiety which continues until late evening and crying at the drop of a hat.

Dear Zoe,
    Are you member of the Facebook group? I could really use talking to someone on Anafranil.

Thank you SO much in advance 🙏🏻

Hi Maria1111 I am on clomipramine, just going up to 70mg and trying to get higher as I am going through a bad spell. If I can help you I will. You can private message if you don't want to message on this thread. Either was is fine by me. x

Dear Purplepie,
    Thank you 🙌🏻 6 days ago I was put on 75 Retard/extended release and I’m shaking badly and my anxiety is up. Did you experience this? It scares me.

Hi Maria1111
    Were you put on 75mg straight away? It may have been better to go up slower starting at 25mg but it I suppose that is between you and your Doc. My anxiety has been high in the last 3 months, so it is hard to say if the med is causing it to be any worse or if it just me?? I do tremble in a morning but not all day. I do have flushes and sweats though but again I am unsure if this is me or the med as it is a side effect. 6 days is not a long time at all as you have to give these tablets at least 4-6 weeks at a therapeutic level if not longer. What have you been put on it for maria1111?
    Keep posting and we will do it together

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information