Thread: My first post, looking for new friends, didn't know where else to post this¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Smile My first post, looking for new friends, didn't know where else to post this¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hi everyone, I'm new here and this is my first post. Just a bit of background info, I am 19 years old and I have had general anxiety pretty much all of my life and then I developed social anxiety in middle school due to bullying (grades 6-8 for those of you who aren't american) around 7-8 years ago. Since then I've developed numerous other mental health issues such as depression and agoraphobia. Yeah I've pretty much always been a nervous wreck haven't I? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I haven't been officially diagnosed with agoraphobia but I'm definitely 99% sure I have it as I've been at home for the past 3 and half years and I find it very difficult to leave home when I need to go shopping or to doctor's visits. I also barely have human contact with anyone besides that of my own family because I never really made any good friends in high school and when I couldn't continue going to school because of my deteriorating mental health, obviously I lost contact with pretty much everyone I knew except this one girl who I thought was my friend. Long story short with her, she wasn't who I thought she was so I have ceased the only contact we used to have all these years and ever since then I've been even more lonely than I already am. If that's not the saddest sh*t ever idk what is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Which comes to the actual point of me making this post. I'm here to try and hopefully make friends and share my struggle with you all because I seriously need people to talk to as I'll probably go insane if I keep being this isolated. Gee, I haven't had a proper social interaction in so long I don't even know how articulate my thoughts into sentences anymore ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    And oh yeah, I'd prefer people along the ages of 17-21 as anyone younger or older would just be too uncomfortable for me because of the age gap

Re: My first post, looking for new friends, didn't know where else to post this¯\_(ツ)

Perhaps you should post in the Pen Pals section?

Thread Information