Thread: Abnormal ecg

Unhappy Abnormal ecg

I posted not so long ago about being referred for my palpitations. The beta blockers have helped but I’m getting all sorts of weird feelings in my chest now. And I’m concentrating on my breathing a lot.

Anyway - my question is about inverted t waves - I have these in 2 leads on my ecg. One doctor wasn’t concerned but the other has referred me for this reason. Has anyone else got these? Apparently I had them in an ecg from 2013 too.
    This is taking over every thought, I’ve convinced myself I’m a ticking time bomb!

Re: Abnormal ecg

Anyone Else had this?

Awe... not sure if this helps but I wanna aid you in some way.

Two years ago I had problems with the occasional super-fast heartbeat and inconsistencies in my heartbeat. Went to the doctor, my ECG was said to be normal, but my blood tests revealed a lack of vitamin D. Taking supplements indeed helped

So... what I want to say is that... until you get a reply from someone who has actually had a bad ECG, try taking vitamin D (not hard tablets, the oil capsule ones were said to be more effective by my GP). It's good for your heart and all sorts of things. Most importantly, it may help you calm down if you know you're helping your heart out in some way.
    Last edited by RubberyLee; 16-05-18 at 18:05.

I've had abnormalities show up on my ECG yes.

Back when I was 18 (I'm 33 now) I had abnormalities on my ECG. They wanted to keep me in hospital to observe but I ran out of the hospital and told them no chance due to fear. My doctor booked me an echo to check my heart.

I put the echo off for a year due to anxiety but when I finally did have it I was given the all clear. I've had many ECG's since. The last one I had has "Abnormal ECG" printed at the top. I'll see if I can find it, but apparently according to my doctor it's normal.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

I had inverted p-waves and not t-waves but I did learn a bit about inverted t-waves when researching my own problem.

An inverted t-wave can be normal or abnormal. All we can say for sure is that investigation is the only way to be certain. However, that they didn't investigate it before now suggests at least one doctor doesn't think it's anything bad.

So don't panic, it's still possible it's just a normal variation.

Thread Information