Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: rabies fear again huhu

Re: Pleeaaseee obsession about a scratch - from a bat?

it isn't mysterious?!?! you fell out of bed..... you scratched it then or even with your nails

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: Anxiety over rabies even after vaccination

Quote Originally Posted by garconperdu View Post
    I got a scratch from a cat 3 days ago so I went to the ABTC but instead of worrying from the cat scratch I AM STILL THINKING ABOUT THE MYSTERIOUS SCRATCH I GOT
    They give you rabies shots for a cat scratch?!?

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

rabies fear again huhu

Yesterday I got scratched by my neighbor's cat. I'm worried if she has rabies even though last March, I got my anti-rabies vaccine (only 3 shots) Day 0, 3 & 7. Do I still need anti-rabies vaccine booster shot?

Re: rabies fear again huhu

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

Re: Anxiety over rabies even after vaccination

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    How and why are they giving you the shots? You said they wouldn't do it because there was no evidence of a bat in the room

Positive thoughts
    Hi, FMP. You wrote last week or so that when summer came we would see more of the rabies threads here, and yup here they come.

I think people are confused about why you are having rabies shots in the first place.

Um Bats don't fly into the house unless you leave a window open with no screen, and I do all the time and have never had a bat fly in the house ever, even when I lived in the country, I had a bat land on my shirt once and just cling there, for a moment, never bit me, they don't just hunt people out and bite, they will hiss a bit and back away from you, now they will bite if you are provoking them, so A) Unless one actually flew into your house, with open windows and no screens, B) If you were provoking one and it bit you. Then you were not bitten by bat, you fell out of bed and scratched yourself, as for the cat scratch was it a house cat or an outside cat, I have been bitten and scratched so many times by cats, never gotten rabies, So not sure why they would give you a rabies shot? Just over a cat scratch, a tetanus shot yes, but rabies?

Re: Pleeaaseee obsession about a scratch - from a bat?

Quote Originally Posted by venusbluejeans View Post
    RIG - Radiologically Inserted Percutaneous Gastrostomy ?!?!?!?

I am confused!!
    RIG actually stands for Rabies immunoglobulin and it is whats given to a person who has exposure to an animal bite possible of rabies

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information