Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Enlarged node in parotid region - extremely scared now.

Enlarged node in parotid region - extremely scared now.

I saw my ent from u/s on neck and thyroid. I need biosies on my thyroid nodules because they are a of size. I’m more scared of the ‘3CM hypoechoic with hyperechoic center suggestive of an enlarged node’ in parotid region. I did mention that I feel an enlarged part near my submandibular (sp?) gland but a bit further in - you can sort of see when I pull my neck backwards. I don’t feel any diffences on my actual parotid gland - I’ve had some tenderness off and on a the back of my jaw but I grind my teeth bad and have lots of allergies, sinus, post nasal drip so I’ve always assumed it was from that. My lymphnodes would swell slightly from time to time and I wouldn’t freak because they would go back down. I don’t really think I have other symptoms but I’m so scared now that I have diarrhea, shakiness, off balance feeling and other things.

All I can find is the scariest things possible. At this point I don’t even know what to do or think. I feel like my worst fear is coming true and I can’t even deal. All I can do is see my two babies and think the worst. I have no strength. Has anyone been thru anything similar. I have a mole on my upper back I’m
    Aure is melanoma spreading or lymphoma or salivary C. I don’t even know what to do. Thanks for reading if you did. I’m lost.
    Last edited by Golden; 14-05-18 at 17:53.

Re: Enlarged node in parotid region - extremely scared now.

A 3MM node? As in millimeters? That's not exactly a swollen lymph node is it?

Or did you mean CM?

If 3mm is a swollen node I'm screwed because I can feel loads that small.

Quote Originally Posted by ThroatGoat View Post

Or did you mean CM?

Sorry no, it’s 3CM - so definitely large. It’s actually what I wanted to have checked in addition to my pre-existing thyroid nodule and goiter. I hadn’t had it checked in 5 years - it was of no concern then. Now one has grown to about 2cm and they want to biopsy 3 to be safe. If they need to take the thyroid I don’t care - I’m more scared of a rare sinister C in the submandibular/parotid areas. The one I can feel I’m
    Not sure is the same one they saw on the ultrasound - but it seems like 3cm would be big enough to feel if it were somewhere else. I can’t feel anything in the actual parotid glad or anything. This one is slightly more to the front but idk. I’m 31,
    Female. Non smoker - occasional beer/wine drinker. But I get no comfort in that.

---------- Post added at 11:59 ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 ----------

Or did you mean CM?

But also thank you for reading. Feeling very isolated right now - helps to have anyone respond.

As a survivor, the mantra is...

It's NOT cancer until they say it is.

The doctors are doing their due diligence and that's all you can ask for.

I'll share something that may help. When I was going through all my stuff, I had the CT etc. and was sent to the ENT. He examined me and I asked flat out about cancer. He said "IMO, this is cancer. I don't know what type but I've seen enough of it to know. The biopsy will tell us what type." So, in my experience, they don't pull punches. You have thyroid issues that they believe are the cause. That's encouraging. I totally understand your anxiousness but hang in there is all I can tell you.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    Sorry no, it’s 3CM - so definitely large. It’s actually what I wanted to have checked in addition to my pre-existing thyroid nodule and goiter. I hadn’t had it checked in 5 years - it was of no concern then. Now one has grown to about 2cm and they want to biopsy 3 to be safe. If they need to take the thyroid I don’t care - I’m more scared of a rare sinister C in the submandibular/parotid areas. The one I can feel I’m
    Not sure is the same one they saw on the ultrasound - but it seems like 3cm would be big enough to feel if it were somewhere else. I can’t feel anything in the actual parotid glad or anything. This one is slightly more to the front but idk. I’m 31,
    Female. Non smoker - occasional beer/wine drinker. But I get no comfort in that.

---------- Post added at 11:59 ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 ----------

But also thank you for reading. Feeling very isolated right now - helps to have anyone respond.
    Oh okay! That certainly sounds swollen. But as Fishmanpa has said above, don't get stressed out about it being the c word, it could be entirely benign.

You're more than welcome! Sometimes not getting a reply and/or feeling alone with no one to talk to can make any anxiety far worse. So I'm trying to talk to everyone I can. It helps me out too.

Please stop deleting your previous posts. It is disrespectful to people who have already replied to you and also hides your history from others who may reply in the future.

I’m sorry. When I look back they seemed so whiny and I got embarrassed. I won’t delet any more.

---------- Post added at 12:45 ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    As a survivor, the mantra is...

It's NOT cancer until they say it is.

The doctors are doing their due diligence and that's all you can ask for.

I'll share something that may help. When I was going through all my stuff, I had the CT etc. and was sent to the ENT. He examined me and I asked flat out about cancer. He said "IMO, this is cancer. I don't know what type but I've seen enough of it to know. The biopsy will tell us what type." So, in my experience, they don't pull punches. You have thyroid issues that they believe are the cause. That's encouraging. I totally understand your anxiousness but hang in there is all I can tell you.

Positive thoughts
    Thank you for the reply and for sharing some of your experience. the hardest thing for me is catastrophic thinking. I know it’s a bad thing to do so I’m really going to try and be strong. It just feels very real now. Thank you again for the reply.

---------- Post added at 12:46 ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 ----------

Oh okay! That certainly sounds swollen. But as Fishmanpa has said above, don't get stressed out about it being the c word, it could be entirely benign.

You're more than welcome! Sometimes not getting a reply and/or feeling alone with no one to talk to can make any anxiety far worse. So I'm trying to talk to everyone I can. It helps me out too.
    I really appreciate it. I feel like I’m bringing my husband down quickly because I can’t seem to put a smile on right now. I just need an outlet for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    Thank you for the reply and for sharing some of your experience. the hardest thing for me is catastrophic thinking. I know it’s a bad thing to do so I’m really going to try and be strong. It just feels very real now. Thank you again for the reply.
    You're dealing with a real health issue pertaining to your thyroid so it's to be expected. One thing I've learned is that we deal with the hand that's dealt. I, along with anyone else that has been diagnosed or gone through real physical issues, deal with them. What other choice do we have? They'll figure out what's going on soon enough and you'll take it from there. In the mean time, do your very, very best to do the things everyone here always says... DON'T GOOGLE, DON'T POKE AND PROD and find things to distract yourself as best you can.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

So, a month before my wedding (8 years ago) my mom had a large nodule removed from her parotid gland area. They took the nodule out and a plastic surgeon stitched her up. It looks fantastic. It was nothing at all. My niece had the same thing a few years back, nothing on her as well. I hope that eases you a little. Nothing...is also still a possibility.

Thank you for the reply! I made the mistake of googling right away and hardly found anything but rare stuff. It’s nice to know someone has heard of something similar occurring. I am really trying to hold on to hope instead of dread because that is my usual ‘go-to’. Thanks again’ 😊

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information