Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: THIS IS REALLY HELPING ME (pleasse read)

THIS IS REALLY HELPING ME (pleasse read)

Hi everyone, I came across something that helps my panic attacks .

It was by accident because my son has lots of allergies and It got me thinking, he produces too much histamine (thats why he suffers)
    and the doctor has given him ADRENALIN injections to counteract the effects of the histamine (a natural hormone ).

So there fore we know the body makes adrenalin to dampen down the histamine , Ive been taking it for 3 days and feel calmer, however
    I then decided to read up ,all about histamines and adrenalin and accidentally came across this

http://www.thechurchesofgod.com/HOW%...%20FOREVER.htm

And basically it is saying that my theory is correct .

SO THE ANSWER IS;

1) take regulary (strong) anti histamine .
    2) Drink lots, all day long .
    3) avoid salt, alcohol, caffiene and chocolate.
    4) excersize.

Re: THIS IS REALLY HELPING ME (pleasse read)

hi, I'm glad this is helping you, but I would feel happier running this by a doctor first, i think self medication could be dangerous!

Mirry

I agree completely about

2) Drink lots, all day long .
    3) avoid salt, alcohol, caffiene and chocolate.
    4) excersize.

Taking antihistamines I am not so sure about. If this was true then surely hayfever sufferers who take them most of the summer would be panic free? Me included I have to say.

If it works for you then stick at it but other people should consult doctor if on any other medication first.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Be careful with this one. Adrenaline can provoke anxiety and panic. It's used with very severe, life threatening allergic reaction and is prescription only for very good reason, as can be dangerous if not given withthe OK of a medic. Antihistamine is a different thing from adrenaline and can have a sedating effect which is probably why you feel calmer on it!

I really would discuss this with your doctor though -
    look after yourself
    stephcatlover

Hi Mirry,

I'm glad this is helping you but I have to say I totally agree with Nic.

Anti histamines should never be taken without consulting a doctor as they are not right for everyone and can interect with other medications and some can make people drowsy too aswell as give other side effects.

Like Nic I sometimes take them for hayfever and other allergies and they don't make my panic any better. I think some people feel better on them as some brands are slightly sedative and therefore people feel calmer that way.
    It's also thought that blocking the effect of histamine in the brain can make people calmer so there may be some truth in this but I'd say only take with a doctors advice if it's for anxiety not allergies. Sorry, just my opinion.

Lisa x

Im not saying take adrenalin steph, Ive got enough adrenalin and wouldnt fancy an injection of it, lol.
    As for anti histamine, Its apparently its in some of the anti anxiety medication anyway, its harmless and available over the counter and certainly worth a go but try to find a non sedating antihistamine, my son has the highest IGE levels that the allergy clinic at southampton hospital has ever seen and he lives on strong anti histamines all year round, when I asked proffesor Warner is it harmfull to live on them he said they are totaly harmless.
    But I think the main thing is drinking lots and lots of water, my husband is always drinking and peeing lol, and I notised I hardly drink or pee ,lol.

So I have been drinking 2 glasses of water before I leave the house, then trying to drink a glass every hour whilst out and I felt better in myself, Its early days but I will continue doing it and see if it helps.

Hi guys!

I wrote the article above and it was a doctor's wife who told me to take Benydryl for my panic attacks. She also had had them and the antihistamines really helped her. She is why I started taking them, and they are in most anti-anxiety meds anyway. But the thing that will stop a panic attack faster than anything is to drink a bottle of water straight down as soon as you feel it coming on. I had panic attacks for years. I don't have them anymore because I drink water all day long and I avoid salty foods. The Benydryl is not that important if you just drink a lot more. That alone will lower your histamine.

I Must Add Tho When I Take Benadryl Anything For Sinus Probs Makes My Heart Pound??? So Therefore I Always Stayed Away From Cold Medicines And Sinus..it Could Just Be Tho I Duuno...linda

Hi Got no panic, I was shocked to find you on here after i read your article,
    Its been 4 days now and it seems to be helping me .

Last night we went out for the evening and I always seem to panic in the car lately, so when we got picked up by friends I was really concerned, so I drunk 2 BIG glasses of water then got into the car and didnt panic all the way there ,or all evening , (it was my frinds 40th party) I carried on drinking all evening and danced alot and didnt panic . I dont know if it will cure my panics but its early days and it certainly has helped so far.

I remember one of the doctors telling me to drink plenty when i first got diagnosed with panic disorder, but i didnt know why? he didnt explain.
    I used to take a bottle with me and sip the water and come home with my bottle 3/4 full. But I now know what they mean by DRINK , LOL.

Well I can't comment on the antihistamines as I don't think I've ever taken them but I will comment on the water.

During my very stressful time recently one thing I was doing all the time was drinking from my bottle of water - I tend to take a bottle of water with me when I go out the house even shopping with my youngest alot of the time anyway.

I have always thought it helped me most on a physcological level (sp) cos I am distracted by the action of drinking, so it changes my mindset and gives me something to do. It very interesting that you feel it also works on a physiological level too - I knew it was good to keep your fluid levels up cos it aids concentration anyway (they do in schools alot now too - having water freely available on the table at all times) but that it may help quell a panic attack on this basis is very interesting indeed.

I know it did help me on all the occassions I've been at the hospital - so thumbs up for more water on every front it seems!!

Piglet

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information