Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: THIS IS REALLY HELPING ME (pleasse read)

Re: THIS IS REALLY HELPING ME (pleasse read)

All I can add to this is, a number of years ago I was on a anti histamine tablet from the doctor for about 3 years called Citirizine which he prescribed to me for sinus problems and headaches! I noticed that it also helped reduce my anxiety.

However, when I moved house and went to a new GP he wasnt too happy that I was taking this constantly. Again it had became another crutch that I was using and I was scared to come off. But Ive been completely off for about 18 months and havent noticed any rise in anxiety. Headache and sinus problems also have vanished!

Water - I totally agree, drink loads, then loads more..................

I agree with lindalou on the cold & cough remedies , if you are on certain types of anti depressant then certain well known remedies should be avoided - always check with you chemist or doctor on this one.

Glad its helping you though Mirry, keep us posted

Mirry, I am so glad it is helping you! Water really is the "cure." Let us know how long you go without another panic attack. If you read the article you know how I discovered it.

Back when I had bad panic attacks I almost drank nothing. One night I jumped up out of sleep and started losing my breath and I ran to the kitchen and all I could think to do was drink a couple of glasses of water straight down and no joke, the panic attack was gone about 20 seconds after that. I felt completely normal...not even nervous! I said to myself...you went two days without drinking much water at all and this happened to you....and then 2 glasses of water stopped it??? I finally got it. I was Dehydrated. I looked online and noticed that hyperventilation can be a sign of dehydration. I really got it. I just had to start drinking more. My body was freaking out on my because it was desperate for water.

That's why eating foods high in sodium would always set one off too. But, now that I drink water all day, I can even eat the higher salt stuff without too much problem.

Everyone spread the word.... FREEDOM! (finally)

I don't even worry about it anymore. They just don't happen as long as I remember not to get dehydrated.

Bless you all---my love goes out to anyone who has suffered with this awful thing...
    Last edited by got no panic; 22-07-07 at 18:39.

Thats great, From what Ive read on dehydration it can also deplete you from pottasium (a natural mineral). Now I found this interesting cos many years ago I had a HUGE panic attack , my doctor sent me to hospital cos my stomach wasnt right. When i arrived at the hospital I started shaking panicking, then felt sick. They did my bloods and hooked me up on a drip , they said I needed pottasium and I didnt ask why , lol.

Whats scarey is ,i didnt feel dehydrated at all, Id been eating and drinking a bit ???

What Ive been doing is following my hubbys example and drinking when he does, OMG HE DRINKS SO MUCH !
    I used to always say to him , your drinking again and why do you keep needing the loo? when we were out.
    I also used to joke saying "theres something wrong with you " but it seems theres something wrong with me , because I dont feel the need to drink, I tend to eat instead .

what worrys me is how will I remember to keep this up ?

Dark angel , my son is on certirizine antihistamine , hes been on it 7 years now , proffesor warner told us its safe for him to take always.

Mirry that was what I was on.

I was told that Citerizine can be used for other things other than allergies. It was one of the list of tablets that I was taking to counteract side effects from other ones! My daughter was also being prescribed Neoclarityn (an antihistamine) for about 5 years - but when we moved to another GP he didnt think she needed it anymore - and she has been fine.

I read this about histamine and dehydration.

"Histamine is a drought managing neurotransmitter. When there is dehydration the body manufactures and releases histamine to regulate water intake and ration water throughout the body. Histamine release is a sign of dehydration in the body--it produces pain, asthma and allergies in a valiant effort at drought management. However instead of quenching that drought with water we give it antihistamines."

This would explain why most anti-panic meds are histamine blockers. It does help to block histamine. Low water, high salt lifestyle really raises the histamine.

just found this interesting article , very interesting ......
    http://www.curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=272449
    It mentions putting sea salt in your water unfrefined , where can I buy this ?

I felt very anxious this morning and drunk 3 glasses of water and feel alot better, does seem like theres something in this ?

Mirry,
    Water has never failed me yet. It even works for general anxiety. I have to say, that I really feel good now. I never worry that I will have a panic attack when I go out. I do carry Benedryl in my purse just in case though. Although I very very rarely have to use it.

Before I knew about drinking water, I used the Benedryl a lot more.

Can you get sea salt at your grocers? The only thing I will say is that too much salt can dehydrate you. Since you have just started this, I would for now, do a lower sodium thing for a little while to get things back under control.

You are doing fantastic! Wow.

hubby took us to mcdonnalds today, and I thought "oh no I might panic"
    So drank 2 big glasses of water, we ended up there and I was ok, but I still felt worried and then we went into Tescos and did a big shop and I actually did really well, it was so busy but I enjoyed it.

I really believe that the water helps, I dont know if it will take it all away ?
    but it certainly takes the edge off.
    Something else that occured to me, my panics have always been worse in the morning (when Im dehydrated over night).
    Having panic attacks makes us sweat, then sweating makes us dehydrated....we should probally have more fluid than other people.

When I first started drinking water, I still worried that it might not work all the time, this was especially right after I had had years of panic attacks, I worried that they would come back---but they didn't.

And I eventually started feeling more and more confidence. Before this, I never knew when one was going to hit me but now I don't give it a thought. I go where I want, do what I want, I fly on airplanes etc... Before I couldn't even go on a walk without worrying that one would hit me. Now, no problem.

In time, after these things have been gone a while, you will finally let down your guard and things will be more relaxing. It makes my day that you have found control over this. Is anyone else trying the water cure?
    Last edited by got no panic; 23-07-07 at 20:57.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information