Thread: Totally Off Meds

Totally Off Meds

Hey all, about a year ago I started weaning myself off my meds, I was on Zoloft, Vistaril, Lamictal, Trazadone, and one other one, for my anxiety and depression, I started gradually cutting my meds down myself, now I don't recommend that you all try this as everyone is different, as I said I did it slowly, I was taking zoloft three times a day, visaril three times a day lamictal twice a day and the trazadone, 200 mg at bedtime to help me sleep, I started out just doing twice a day for a few months, then once a day for a few months then every other day, and then only when anxiety and such got bad, then I started meditating when a panic attack happened, I started finding other things to keep my mind busy, I found that Melatonin works for me to help me sleep, and I am happy to say I am med free and able to manage it, I haven't had an anxiety or panic attack or feeling down for two weeks now. I have cut down internet time, I haven't googled in two weeks, and my anxiety has been way down. I sit outside in the sun a bit, I meditate, I write, I draw, I read, I took up cross stitching, I work on crossword puzzles, I blog, and I use a weighted blanket when the anxiety hits, really works, I also keep a journal, I list the good days and the bad days, I also work out with DDP Yoga, really helps as well. You can get through this, it may seem bad now, but the good days are coming.

Re: Totally Off Meds

Quote Originally Posted by Pkstracy View Post
    Hey all, about a year ago I started weaning myself off my meds, I was on Zoloft, Vistaril, Lamictal, Trazadone, and one other one, for my anxiety and depression, I started gradually cutting my meds down myself, now I don't recommend that you all try this as everyone is different, as I said I did it slowly, I was taking zoloft three times a day, visaril three times a day lamictal twice a day and the trazadone, 200 mg at bedtime to help me sleep, I started out just doing twice a day for a few months, then once a day for a few months then every other day, and then only when anxiety and such got bad, then I started meditating when a panic attack happened, I started finding other things to keep my mind busy, I found that Melatonin works for me to help me sleep, and I am happy to say I am med free and able to manage it, I haven't had an anxiety or panic attack or feeling down for two weeks now. I have cut down internet time, I haven't googled in two weeks, and my anxiety has been way down. I sit outside in the sun a bit, I meditate, I write, I draw, I read, I took up cross stitching, I work on crossword puzzles, I blog, and I use a weighted blanket when the anxiety hits, really works, I also keep a journal, I list the good days and the bad days, I also work out with DDP Yoga, really helps as well. You can get through this, it may seem bad now, but the good days are coming.
    This is so positive news and the fact is you didn't rush in to it either and also doing other things like keeping busy meditating yoga think more people could try your methods and I would say would help some more people for sure. Well done and keep up the good work always good to hear a success story thx for sharing ATB
    Last edited by Bigboyuk; 16-05-18 at 17:34.

Thank you! Still having good days

Thank you! Still having good days
    So glad to hear this ATB

Thank you, I did have a panic attack today, I posted about in the anxiety panic attack thread, was able to talk myself down.

Thank you, I did have a panic attack today, I posted about in the anxiety panic attack thread, was able to talk myself down.
    This so good to hear and the fact you are handling your panic attacks is great Iam very surprised no one else is following this thread really again always good to hear a success story! ATB

Wow! What a fantastic achievement! It's hard enough coming of one med, never mind several! I'm really pleased for you!

Thank you Tyke!

---------- Post added at 22:04 ---------- Previous post was at 21:58 ----------

Hey all, I did have bad anxiety today and last night, I posted in health anxiety about my issue, However, even though it was a dark time. I knew and told myself I will get through this, I wrote in my journal and meditated my way through it. Now dealing with after effects of anxiety, such as aches,pains, tiredness, headache, and feeling drained. Hope you are all well, and remember, it may seem dark at first but it will get better.

Good for you :-). I love reading success stories; it gives me hope.

Thank you, today and last night aren't good ones for me, just found out my high school friend died three years ago, I have been crying since last night and just depressed, but as I said I'll get through this, I just wrote her a long letter in my journal and am going to do my own thing to say good bye when I am emotionally stronger.

Thread Information