Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cold turkey from 7.5mg mirt

Re: Cold turkey from 7.5mg mirt

See my story on separate thread. I jumped ship at 5 mg and have been on a 6 week withdrawal. It's not easy but is manageable. Mirt is a powerful drug which affects many different receptors which is why it's so good. It's amazing how it has different effects at different dosages as it fills one receptor and jumps to the next, or drop dosage and get a completely different response as the antihistamine kicks in. It really does create a wonderful deep sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by SmilingAlbert View Post
    It may be a low dose, but it's still something... And many would assert that 7.5mg is more helpful for sleep than 15mg, and some might even assert that 3.75mg is even better
    Yep, for sure 7.5mg is more sedating. Last night I took 50mg of Benedryl and actually slept quite well. I still have no appetite and am anxious. But I think I will persevere. Thanks!

---------- Post added at 15:06 ---------- Previous post was at 15:03 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by NOMOREMIRT View Post
    See my story on separate thread. I jumped ship at 5 mg and have been on a 6 week withdrawal. It's not easy but is manageable. Mirt is a powerful drug which affects many different receptors which is why it's so good. It's amazing how it has different effects at different dosages as it fills one receptor and jumps to the next, or drop dosage and get a completely different response as the antihistamine kicks in. It really does create a wonderful deep sleep.
    It's GREAT for sleep. I've never taken a hypnotic though, so I can't compare. But like you say, it hits so many receptors albeit at different doses that it's hard to know what the long-term effects might be. There is much talk of anticholinergics and Alzheimer's, for example. And I know it messes with cortisol. I think it's time for a more natural route though. Such a potent drug for sleep seems like overkill, no?

If you do it the natural way, all the better.

Hypnotics can be useful but I found Zopiclone wasn't as effective after a couple of weeks. I had to wean off after a month as I became dependant since they are quicker than benzo's in this respect hence GP's are so reluctant to prescribe them. But if you need a short helper they can be very useful, I found so much more able to tackle the side effects of the Citalopram I was starting when I had those first few nights of deep sleep after struggling to get any.

I found the downside was hours of trying to get out of bed the next day, and eating, as I got les and less sleep but the drug was still making me feel exhausted.

I have an unopened bottle of Ambien in the medicine cabinet, but I am too scared to take it. I just know I'll be one of those people who decides to go for a 2am drive, or bake a cake, or something

How did this go, by the way?

I was on 15mg for about 4 months, and have had insomnia for the past two months I have been on it, so I am not too worried about withdrawal if/when I come off in that respect. Have been on 11mg or so for the last 5 days, and plan on probably going down to 7.5 this weekend. Then see how I feel. I am hoping the lower dose might get me some sleep! And if not, then I am just going to come off...

Hello, I take escitalopram 10mg and mirtazapine 7.5mg to sleep for two weeks, do you think it will be difficult to remove mirtazapine? Thank you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information