Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Widows 10 Question

Windows 10 Question!

Hi Folks this is quick question. When you close a tab down (on windows 8.1 it was easy to re open a closed tab) how do you reopen a closed tab on windows 10 cant see any icon to do this? TIA ATB
    Last edited by Bigboyuk; 26-05-18 at 09:50. Reason: Put Widows instead of Windows ha ha

Re: Widows 10 Question

Hi BB - Not exactly sure if I understand your question but in Windows 10 the tabs are along the top of the page when you open a new window. I don't have trouble opening them or closing them. The thing I hate about Windows 10 are yhe automatic updates. And there isn't a darn thing you can do to stop em. All previous Windows would allow you to choose which updates you wanted to allow. I may have to actually give Apple a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    Hi BB - Not exactly sure if I understand your question but in Windows 10 the tabs are along the top of the page when you open a new window. I don't have trouble opening them or closing them. The thing I hate about Windows 10 are yhe automatic updates. And there isn't a darn thing you can do to stop em. All previous Windows would allow you to choose which updates you wanted to allow. I may have to actually give Apple a try.
    Hi Noivous I will re word it, when you close a tab on Windows 8.1 it's easy to reopen a closed tab, I cant find a option to re open a closed tab. don't like the layout of windows 10 preferred Windows 8.1 . I think you can turn off window 10 updates but not sure how, I did reply last night but it must not have got posted ATB

So any one know how to reopen a closed tab? It was so easy to do on Windows 8.1 the other thing that gets to me is any icons on the top row are quite faint (it's not a tv contrast problem) these icons etc should be Bolder much easier to see whats what May end up giving Microsoft some feed back on this. any help would be appreciated thx ATB

BB, Try control Panel,or Computer on start. don't know if that will help as I am still on windows 7

Quote Originally Posted by Magic View Post
    BB, Try control Panel,or Computer on start. don't know if that will help as I am still on windows 7
    Hi Magic Don't think it will help there was options on windows 8.1 to reopen a closed tab when it's closed, so cant see any reason why this feature would be removed on Windows 10? Not keen on the Windows 10 lay out, could try and go back to WIndows 8.1 but guess I will get used to it. Thx ATB

Any one please perhaps selecting certain keys like Ctrl etc will help? I also have a more complex question: On my new device it has a micro sd card slot but also have 2 normal size USB ports one is in use for the keyboard dongle, I have been given a camera which has some internal memory built in and it also has a USB port on the camera.So if I connect a USB lead to the camera and plug the other end in to the spare USB port on my pc will I be able to take pics off the internal memory of the camera on to my pc rather like you can with a inserted SD card that's connected to my pc that is probably the 'D' drive on my pc? TIA ATB

Bump ATB

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    Hi Folks this is quick question. When you close a tab down (on windows 8.1 it was easy to re open a closed tab) how do you reopen a closed tab on windows 10 cant see any icon to do this? TIA ATB

Right click on a tab and go to reopen closed tab? Or Ctrl+Shift+T

---------- Post added at 00:08 ---------- Previous post was at 00:03 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    I also have a more complex question: On my new device it has a micro sd card slot but also have 2 normal size USB ports one is in use for the keyboard dongle, I have been given a camera which has some internal memory built in and it also has a USB port on the camera.So if I connect a USB lead to the camera and plug the other end in to the spare USB port on my pc will I be able to take pics off the internal memory of the camera on to my pc rather like you can with a inserted SD card that's connected to my pc that is probably the 'D' drive on my pc? TIA ATB

Yes it should make a new drive when it is connected to your PC. If there is a SD card in the camera too it should make another drive for that too.

I really wish your title wasn't Widows

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information