Thread: Widows 10 Question

Re: Widows 10 Question

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    I really wish your title wasn't Widows
    I think I might have rented that

Quote Originally Posted by mike83 View Post
    Right click on a tab and go to reopen closed tab? Or Ctrl+Shift+T

---------- Post added at 00:08 ---------- Previous post was at 00:03 ----------

Yes it should make a new drive when it is connected to your PC. If there is a SD card in the camera too it should make another drive for that too.
    Thx for answering both questions I understand the camera thing it would probably see it as a mass storage device (with out a Sd card in) and make a new section in my pc for a 3rd drive. Thx again ATB

---------- Post added at 09:44 ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    I really wish your title wasn't Widows
    Oh heck I have only just spotted it ha ha What is a Widows 10 any way!!? ATB

And still more problems I was going to turn off (shut down) the pc last night via the start screen power options. which this time round had 2 more on the drop down menu: 1. Restart Pc, 2. Update and restart Pc. 3. Shut down pc. 4. Update and shut down pc. so obviously there's a update from Microsoft. Anyway selected Option 2. And checked the power options again this morning and the 4 options are still there? So doesn't look like the update has happened (unless there is a second update?) How do I check Update history? TIA ATB

Happens sometimes, mine has been saying that for about 4 days so either an update is failing or new ones are coming through daily.

You can get at the update history through the Settings menu. It's the cog wheel in that same menu you click on to get your shutdown (bottom left of screen). That opens up an icon menu but I can't remember which one it is right now (will check when back on the laptop tonight) and when you select the one that contains updates it will bring up a menu down the left hand side which will get you too it.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Happens sometimes, mine has been saying that for about 4 days so either an update is failing or new ones are coming through daily.

You can get at the update history through the Settings menu. It's the cog wheel in that same menu you click on to get your shutdown (bottom left of screen). That opens up an icon menu but I can't remember which one it is right now (will check when back on the laptop tonight) and when you select the one that contains updates it will bring up a menu down the left hand side which will get you too it.
    Well had a look again at power options and there is just the normal 2 options so something has taken place after 2 forced restarts. But in the update history it's saying something different about 2 updates that require a restart. Ahh the joys of owning a pc
    ATB

---------- Post added at 19:16 ---------- Previous post was at 15:23 ----------

Last few days I have been losing the volume on the task bar and a red dot appears but even stranger Mircosoft Edge (browser) kept throwing a error message ( never seen this message before) saying this class not registered? Hence I couldn't use this browser Couldn't get it off screen so had to turn the mains off at the wall skt what on earth is going on? Since Microsoft downloaded a new display driver these new problems are happening. Really going off Microsoft support right now. Should I download some new drivers as a package? And just checked power options and it now back to 4?? I am stuck now ATB
    Last edited by Bigboyuk; 27-05-18 at 20:01.

Also just now had a blue banner on screen saying Impending updates for your pc with new features and apps. Not Now/Ask me later/ set a time to suit me. this upgrade could take a little longer than usual. Should I trust this banner is from Microsoft and go ahead with it, and can any one confirm if they have seen this same banner and acted on it or dismissed it altogether? TIA ATB

---------- Post added at 13:44 ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 ----------

Any one? ATB

I just get a small box appearing bottom right asking whether I want to do them now, snooze, set time.

It downloads updates automatically.

Does the shutdown also now give options for update & restart, update & shutdown? Mine does.

I think it sounds more like an ad banner on your Web page that will just take you to some competition type page.

I just noticed the Widows

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    Also just now had a blue banner on screen saying Impending updates for your pc with new features and apps. Not Now/Ask me later/ set a time to suit me. this upgrade could take a little longer than usual. Should I trust this banner is from Microsoft and go ahead with it, and can any one confirm if they have seen this same banner and acted on it or dismissed it altogether? TIA ATB

---------- Post added at 13:44 ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 ----------

Any one? ATB

Ah yes I have seen that blue banner before, it is microsoft. Its probably the April 2018 update (version 1803) which is a new build (all previous updates are incorporated into it)

It might look something like this : https://cdn.windowsreport.com/wp-con...windows-10.png

---------- Post added at 18:02 ---------- Previous post was at 17:52 ----------

And still more problems I was going to turn off (shut down) the pc last night via the start screen power options. which this time round had 2 more on the drop down menu: 1. Restart Pc, 2. Update and restart Pc. 3. Shut down pc. 4. Update and shut down pc. so obviously there's a update from Microsoft. Anyway selected Option 2. And checked the power options again this morning and the 4 options are still there? So doesn't look like the update has happened (unless there is a second update?) How do I check Update history? TIA ATB

Press the cog (settings) above the power button on the "start" (Windows) button, click update and security, view update history. If you click on check for updates it should download and install any updates then give you an option to restart

---------- Post added at 18:04 ---------- Previous post was at 18:02 ----------

---------- Post added at 19:16 ---------- Previous post was at 15:23 ----------

Last few days I have been losing the volume on the task bar and a red dot appears but even stranger Mircosoft Edge (browser) kept throwing a error message ( never seen this message before) saying this class not registered? Hence I couldn't use this browser Couldn't get it off screen so had to turn the mains off at the wall skt what on earth is going on? Since Microsoft downloaded a new display driver these new problems are happening. Really going off Microsoft support right now. Should I download some new drivers as a package? And just checked power options and it now back to 4?? I am stuck now ATB

Could try some things from here :

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...6-2e0fe68cebd6

There doesn't seem to be a definitive answer. Could always download chrome or firefox!

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    I just get a small box appearing bottom right asking whether I want to do them now, snooze, set time.

It downloads updates automatically.

Does the shutdown also now give options for update & restart, update & shutdown? Mine does.

I think it sounds more like an ad banner on your Web page that will just take you to some competition type page.
    Hi Terry yes it does and has done for the last couple of updates and yes in the message centre as you rightly say it will say updates (when they are available) Thx Terry ATB

---------- Post added at 19:09 ---------- Previous post was at 19:00 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mike83 View Post
    Ah yes I have seen that blue banner before, it is microsoft. Its probably the April 2018 update (version 1803) which is a new build (all previous updates are incorporated into it)

It might look something like this : https://cdn.windowsreport.com/wp-con...windows-10.png

---------- Post added at 18:02 ---------- Previous post was at 17:52 ----------

Press the cog (settings) above the power button on the "start" (Windows) button, click update and security, view update history. If you click on check for updates it should download and install any updates then give you an option to restart

---------- Post added at 18:04 ---------- Previous post was at 18:02 ----------

Could try some things from here :

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...6-2e0fe68cebd6

There doesn't seem to be a definitive answer. Could always download chrome or firefox!
    Hi Mike thx for the reply. Yeah that's exactly the same Banner I saw just wanted confirmation that it was Microsoft

My power button normally 2 options Restart and Shut Down but when updates are available these 2 options change to 4 so the first 2 are standard as above the second 2 are update/restart or update and shut down so that may be a new feature I used the update and shut down last night and it only took 30 secs to update and shut down no indication on screen to say how far the progress of the updates had gone though which is a downside imho Thx again Mike ATB

---------- Post added at 19:27 ---------- Previous post was at 19:09 ----------

And there's more nothing to do with Windows as such on my old compute stick WIndows 8.1 for over a year I used 360 total security and its been really good and all updates are free any way long story short I download the version of 360 for Windows 10 it's very slow to do a scan well around 2 mins 20 secs and the scanning wheel some times really drags then speeds up. But the main problem is I have had 2 360 updates (new versions) and where the version number should be bottom left of that window is says upgrade now which means they want you to pay unless they have moved it there as it used to be at the very top of the window but there still should be the current version displayed Just wondering if on Windows 10 after a few free versions of 360 they wont be giving out any more free versions. I have emailed 360 via the scanning window and await their reply, while I am waiting any one know about the slow scanning problem and free new versions? TIA ATB

---------- Post added at 19:31 ---------- Previous post was at 19:27 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Phuzella View Post
    I just noticed the Widows
    LOL I have corrected it but it's not changed all posts just my opening post lol what was I thinking ATB

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information