Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Widows 10 Question

Re: Widows 10 Question

Hi Folks every so often I will get a pop up from my anti virus programme I have installed on my device, it says you may have a malicous virus in my printer driver it shows a block button with the number of seconds counting down to 0 so is it a genuine possible virus or my antivirus scan programme wanting me to upgrade and start paying for the service if it's the latter I will continue to block when I see the message. So anyone had some thing similar pop up warning(s) them of a virus from their security programme (other than the built in one Windows Defender?) ATB

The other annoying problem I am getting after restarting It doesn't display anything on my tv apart from the Intel Compute Stick page and the loading circle of dots, doesn't happen every time I restart my pc but it does happen I then have to use the power button on the device is this a display driver that's causing this problem? Pretty sure Microsoft when I first had this problem didn't correctly identify the problem. I don't really want to reload the OS And ideas folks TIA ATB

Still waiting for some answers folks. Also newish problem has returned ok where the address bar is there should be a star icon at the end of the address bar today it's not there. so my question is this how many favourites can be stored and is this why there is no icon to store any more? I currently have 14 stored favourites very strange I see Terry has windows 10 too so maybe he can throw some light on it I presume there is max number of favourites you can store but what is that max?? TIA ATB
    Last edited by Bigboyuk; 28-06-18 at 14:50.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    Still waiting for some answers folks. Also newish problem has returned ok where the address bar is there should be a star icon at the end of the address bar today it's not there. so my question is this how many favourites can be stored and is this why there is no icon to store any more? I currently have 14 stored favourites very strange I see Terry has windows 10 too so maybe he can throw some light on it I presume there is max number of favourites you can store but what is that max?? TIA ATB
    Dave, my broadband has been off for a couple of weeks so couldn't try it out. Fixed now thankfully!

Are you saying you don't have an empty star at the end of the window that has the current page address showing in (next to an address book)?

You can store a lot more than 14. Are you using Edge of IE? You may have to import your favourites from IE to Edge for them to show. And if you've used other browsers, they may not show until you import them too as the file locations (pathways) tend to differ. Not sure about the limits but I've got more than 14.

Is your internet history showing? Or does it fail to load up? If that fails, it might be because of a known problem in Edge where it stops writing data to a file and once you clear it out (clear history) it kickstarts it off again but I'm guessing as this is a problem I've come across only when my history stops working.

Be careful with Edge, if your PC crashes it will fail to reload the last view of your browser and you lose all the open tabs. It's a pain for that and Microsoft aren't going to fix it, idiots.

I've updated Windows 10 three times and failed twice.When it comes to Windows 10 updates,i think this is a very serious topic, and i've seen a lot of updates fail,all kinds of losses are caused by failure,it's important to know about Windows 10 update problems before doing so.
    Last edited by Douglas N. Jackson; 08-01-20 at 05:54.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information