Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bloody stool worries

Re: Bloody stool worries

well you can look away and use gas and air if you don't want sedation.
    They give you the results on the day

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I mean they may take biopsies but generally they know what they can see and will tell you

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I agree with you on the pre-colonoscopy diet thing, it's so boring! At least after the colonoscopy is over you can eat whatever you want! Think I had a footlong sub last time!

But I think the worst bit is the dreaded prep! I read an infamous thread on another forum about a man's experience with "Agent Picolax" and it made me laugh whilst I was stuck in the toilet

Good luck with everything!

Quick update!

The moviprep wasn’t great, even with added orange squash on top. Got through it eventually though.

Found the procedure easy going - only one quick moment of uncomfrot but otherwise care free - I did also glance at the “footage” on the screen and found it weirdly distracting and was able to ask a couple of questions along the way.

Totally fine now (two hours later) and able to go back to eating what I want!

They did find colitis, but nothing more sinister than that. Waiting for biopsy result to find out which specific type of colitis it is, but generally I believe I can be happy with this result, considering my BC fears??

Is it just something to learn to live with and manage as I go along?

Did they say the bleeding was from the colitis or didnt they say

Well didn’t speak to the doctor afterwards regarding the result, only to a nurse, but I’m assuming they’re happy and comfortable they’ve found where the bleeding comes from.

Spoke to a close friend who is a doctor today who said blood and mucus would be classic sign of colitis

Waiting for results as well so hopefully will have full confirmation by then (around two months)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information