Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bloody stool worries

Unhappy Bloody stool worries

Over the last few months have had tiny bright red drop on toilet paper after BM, which I put down to haemorrhoids, without any worry. They would come and go and be accompanied by itch/sting a couple of hours later, or perhaps the next day.

However, more recently i’ve found streaks of blood on my stools. It’s not bright red but is not dark red, somewhere in the middle I believe and doesn’t seem particularly fresh. Have worried it might be maroon a couple of times, but might be my anxiety that remembers it darker than it was.

Not always blood on the paper anymore, apart from a couple of times where I had very pale pink liquid after wiping. Have also had a very very slight tight feeling on lower right ab (when asked for pain betweet 1-10, I’d say 1)

The majority of stools tend to be solid rather than loose and the issue doesn’t turn the water colour at all. It seems either to be small dots on the stool or more recently longer streaks across the stool. However, I’ve not had any pain associated with this over the last few days which worries me. No weight loss.

Around once a month (ish) I’ll get severe stomach cramps in the mornings, which is relieved after 30minutes following diarrhoea.

Even though I’m 24, I’m obviously worried for the worst and swing into the usual panic/depression when i get extremely worried about it. Anyone have any ideas on this one? I go away for 9 days to USA next week and am worried sick this might either stop me from going or is going to be an issue out there
    Last edited by OG; 18-05-18 at 22:52.

Re: Bloody stool worries

Sounds like piles to me or could be a fissure.

Are you sure it isn't food in the stools?

Either way it doesn't sound sinister to me.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

No certainly isn’t food - doesn’t look solid and haven’t eaten anything red over the last few days! The consistency of my stools gives me a bit of heart i suppose. Going to see doctor on tuesday, but am afraid i’ll lose my mind worrying before then!

I get a lot of bleeding and nothing sinister has been found at all.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Streaks of blood on the stool strongly suggest piles or fissures to me. I have the same thing and in my case it's just painless fissures that come and go.

Thanks both for answering.It’s so hard to shake this off. I’m pretty sure i found mucus as well last time I had BM, and again the blood doesnt seem bright red. Am also feeling like I could go again / wind is being held.

I’m worried that the blood is inside the stool. Tuesday seems such a long way away, don’t know how I’ll survive

My Dad has Crohns Disease as well so could be that I suppose. But am still fearing for the worst outcome.
    Last edited by OG; 19-05-18 at 19:14.

Last year I was seeing all sorts of mucus, loose stools, blood on stools and even some bloody mucus and I was convinced I was terminally ill. It all turned out to be nothing and I know yours will be too.
    Last edited by MarkTwain; 19-05-18 at 21:36.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkTwain View Post
    Last year I was seeing all sorts of mucus, loose stools, blood on stools and even some bloody mucus and I was convinced I was terminally ill. It all turned out to be nothing and I know yours will be too.
    Thank you Mark. I will look to stay positive again, but it’s tough! Constantly analyzing my stool and looking to see if I can spot anything which sounds insane. Like you say, convincing myself it IS something serious even thiugh a number of factors, including age, is on my side. It’s tiring but am so garetful fir answers from people like yourself on this. Fed up of this HA now.

In terms of going away on wednesday, I’ve convinced myself that my tuesday GP will stop me from going on a trip of a lifetime

Believe me, I know how tough it is. I nearly had a mental breakdown last year because of my health anxiety, you can read it in my post history if you want a good laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkTwain View Post
    Believe me, I know how tough it is. I nearly had a mental breakdown last year because of my health anxiety, you can read it in my post history if you want a good laugh.
    Thanks Mark, hugely appreciated!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information