Thread: HELP. Month on Prozac. Discouraged.

Exclamation HELP. Month on Prozac. Discouraged.

Hi everyone,

Really looking for some encouragement right now. I am on day 31 if Prozac and I’m not really sure if it’s working or not. I haven’t been in too many anxiety induced situations (currently not working) and I am about 60% agoraphobic only leaving the house if necessary for short amounts of time.

Today I was a wreck. My whole body felt like it was buzzing.. and my anxiety was through the roof. The first few weeks were not so bad, but I feel like I maybe hitting my rough patch now? Idk. Also, I get songs or phrases stuck in my head on repeat every day I wake up.

I’ve missed out on a lot in the last six months, and I desperately want to get better. Anyone with advice please help!!

Re: HELP. Month on Prozac. Discouraged.

This med is well known to have a second side effect period that hits around week 4. For a start the med is reaching steady-state until week 4 but around week 4 it is also increasing brain concentration levels which may account for the side effects.

So, if you can try to keep going and see where you are in week 5 and beyond. Hopefully this will settle down.

Sometimes some people seem to feel it harder as the med is building up (due to the up & down of each days levels changing) and some people seem to find it harder once they reach steady-state for a time. At least that's what I've seen anecdotally from posts on here over the years I've been on.

Hi Cherry Olivia,
    I am at 6 weeks two day. I didn’t have bad side effects in the beginning but for the past week been all over the map. The side effects move from the stomach to the back of my head and exhausted. Someone mentioned also having bad stomach and headaches 6 weeks in. He told me to hang on till week 8 when things turn around. Yesterday I was full of anxiety today it’s other physical side effects but anxiety tolerable. Hang in there.

Thank you everyone for the replies. I woke up this morning with a massive migraine and have had a dull headache since I last posted. I’m hoping that something gives in the next week. I am going to stay on the meds until I see my doctor again on June 1st. By the way I am only on 20 mg.

I just want to be my old self again and not be completely house bound. I am just so discouraged.

Yesterday, anxiety was better but felt exhausted. Today felt both anxiety am and some depression in the afternoon. Forced myself to go to the grocery store, but worked in the garden all day. When will this end.45 days in on 20mg. I now have a headache.

Hey will352! Today was better for me.. a little gastro disturbance and anxiety but better than previous days. I woke up and forced myself to clean the house, do all the laundry and wash my car. I even left the house for the first time in three days. Today is day 34, and I really have my fingers crossed for the next two weeks. Hoping that I can continue to motivate myself. Just curious what the Prozac was prescribed for? Mine was OCD/anxiety/depression. My doctor told me that my whole life “OCD has been driving the car, and anxiety and depression were in the backseat”. Basically that previous attempts to cure my anxiety failed bc my OCD wasn’t being treated. This really made the most sense from everything I have ever heard about my mental struggle. HUGS!!

Thread Information